The richest 10% of households now represent 70% of all U.S. wealth

I’m betting LIBs get a lot of burning ulcers with their class envy.

You aren’t paying attention. I don’t care about their wealth. I care about the government representing them instead of all of us and changing the rules so only they can accumulate wealth. Maybe instead of repeating baseless talking points you could try actually addressing the substance of the thread for once. I realise that might be a lot to ask but I believe in you buddy.

One of my best friend’s dad became wealthy himself by building luxury yachts. Look at all the people he employed along the way. These folks are all working because someone had money to spend:

fleming

But trickle down is a myth.

M

You know, Peek, the argument from authority approach has a much better chance of success when the “authority” isn’t someone who dismisses documented facts (in this case, inflation) as “spin”.

You keep holding on, though!

Pension plus investment income. Must be nice. You got yours. Good for you. How dare people like me fight to get ours too. I’m not interested in taking anything from you. I just want the opportunity to have it too. See that’s the difference between us Doug. I want the playing field to be level for everyone. I see it isn’t. It hasn’t been for awhile. It’s getting worse. I think something should be done about it. You’re not worried about it. You already got yours. I get it. If I had mine, I probably wouldn’t give a ■■■■ either.

Somebody learned a new word and now applies it to everyone.

1 Like

I am in the top 1% of income earners… I am happy. Is it possible to be happy with your life and still not want corporations to run the government so that they line their pockets at the expensive of the lower class?

1 Like

100% agree. Cons think I want to walk up to Bill Gates and steal money directly out of his pockets. It’s a lazy rebuttal.

Under Marxism there is no govt

I notice most of the “self made” billionaires today have something in common. They didn’t play by the rules. No wonder those of us who try playing by the rules aren’t successful. Instead of breaking the rules and being successful we’re listening to those who already got theirs saying we should keep following the rules. It’s not that they don’t know the rules have changed, they just don’t care. They already got theirs back before the rules changed and now they don’t have to play the game anymore.

Someone wins the lottery = everyone can win the lottery.

You got to show the lotto winners holding that big check so all the suckers will keep spending their money even though they are more likely to get struck by lightning.

Let’s also pretend that there is no such thing as market saturation or limited availability of positions. Everyone can be $10K a day CEO.

1 Like

Then I would suggest taking a number of accounting courses and doing very well at them.

2 Likes

Some people aren’t learning at all.

Yes, because that will certainly tip the scales where the government and lobbying is concerned. :roll_eyes: It’s like talking to a brick wall with some people.

I know he was. And I was referring to his “open mind.” :wink:

Yes it does, or at least it does not hurt me. The same 2018 Tax Bill that cut corporate taxes also cut my effecttive tax rate about 19.5% (from 12.3% to 9.9%) and saved me almost $2800. They still paid a higher effective rate than I did, so why should I complain if the percent of their cut was bigger than mine?

Stop thinking that your life is ruined because money has influence on legislation.
And you don’t hold all the great truth. Not everyone who disagrees with your opinion is a “brick wall”.

Remember when Democrats under Clinton enacted a luxury tax on such things as yachts and corporate jets? The result was, the rich went over seas to buy such items to avoid the tax and domestic companies that build those items laid off employees because of the severe downturn in sales.

I’m thinking that peons like being peons. I certainly know I do.

Why do you covet the ultra rich? Do you really think their life is better than yours?

1 Like