The Republican Party will be the Party of Health Care!

They can charge more because they don’t need individual market to survive. If everyone were on the individual market, the there might actually be some market forces on the price. Of course, you’d also need other elements like community rating to make sure that people don’t get hosed.

I am all for severing the connection between employment and insurance. It makes no sense and distorts the insurance and labor markets.

It’s a benefit. When I hire someone, I usually add the cost of their health insurance to their salary and quote their income that way. If they have health insurance covered by their spouse’s employer, I pay them the salary plus cost of insurance. It really should be done that way.

Why?

You’re right! If we can get rid of all the sick people we’ll be the healthiest country in the world.

Genius, pure genius.

Maybe Trump can issue an EO.

I’m good with Donald’s original campaign promise - better coverage, including pre-existing conditions, and for a fraction of the cost of Obamacare. Donald is awesome! Looking forward to it.

1 Like

Looks like he’s doing it! Universal health care for all!

https://twitter.com/mkraju/status/1111030029398536192?s=21

It’s not gonna cover Puerto Ricans, is it?

1 Like

The brownies will only get an allowance for paper towels.

5 Likes

Whew.

Didn’t Senators Graham and Cassidy have a healthcare plan to replace Obamacare with?? They did come out with a replacement for Obamacare a couple of months after Senators Collins, Murkowski and McCain voted against the repeal of Obamacare. Their healthcare plan never got voted on. Senators Collins, Murkowski and McCain weren’t for it, and Senator Rand Paul was not for it because he believed that it was too similar to Obamacare. He called it Obamacare light.

Why what?

Why do they all pay less?

Probably a number of reasons.

A big one is administrative savings from not having a major foundation of for-profit, rent seeking insurance companies.

Being able to negotiate fee schedules down.

Better preventative medicine since you don’t have financial barriers to very cost-effective treatments like insulin.

Reduced redundancies from not having a fractured system like we do with group insurance, individual insurance, Medicaid, Medicare, VA, etc.

Having a more effective electronic medical record system.

Ok, thanks. Obamacare benefitted no one more than the insurance companies.

What does insulin have to do with preventative medicine?

Why don’t we fix some of this other stuff first?

I’m not sure per capita is the right way to evaluate these costs. If 30% of the population is paying 95% of the cost, how is that fair?

1 Like

Trumpcare

I love it when trump said, “repeal and replace.” THERE WAS NOTHING TO REPLACE THE ACA. More bovine excrement out of the mouth of Idiot Boy.

No, that would be “Trump I don’t Care.”

If you don’t know that Donald Trump is a massive liar by now you’ve got your fingers stuck in your ears.

All the kids and grand kids are gonna hate their grandparents.

The CEC is still pushing the narrative that Republicans lost the House because they didn’t repeal Obamacare. But the GOP House did vote to repeal the ACA. It was the GOP Senate that didn’t quite have enough votes to repeal Obamacare. And the GOP Senate then ended up not voting on Senators Graham and Cassidy replacement for the ACA. However, Republicans ended up gaining two Senate seats while the Republicans lost as many as 40 House seats to the Democrats during the midterms. And Martha McSally who voted to repeal Obamacare in the House ended up losing Arizona’s Senate race to Kyrsten Sinema who voted against the ACA repeal in the House.