The rent is too damn high

It sure would suck to be part of the generation who missed the home-buying window. When no one can afford to buy, and tenants are stuck, rents go up.

This year’s rent increase is one of the highest in modern US history.

1 Like

Rent has some catching up to do tho.
(Right now buying is till a bad idea. Selling is for now, still a good one.)

Normally here, home prices would come down
but with the Fed determined that “soft landing” and “price stability” = “keep tulip prices where they are” it is hard to tell.

Economics can tell us that the blue line (below) and the red line below (below) are probably going to meet again. The Fed has a lot of say in how they meet.

1 Like

Be interesting to see charts for each state. (Not interested enough, to search it myself😄)

The 1980-81 bubble pop, is pretty clear.

It was a house flipping fad. I own a rental that I could get 3x the rent I get now, but I leave it as it is, because the tenant is a good one. Inflation bubbles are so fake.

2 Likes

And here I thought you guys were all about the free market.

There is little “free market” when it’s manipulated by professional “speculators” driving things their way.

1 Like

Isn’t that the very definition of the free market? The other alternative is to have big government step in. You wouldn’t want that, would you?

No, not my definition. “Big Government” favors the manipulation.

Controlling a market is easy when there is collusion and printed money.

Can you vote? Then vote for people that are willing to change that sort of thing. Until then, enjoy the free market!

Not my definition of “free”. Speculation was originally farmers and producers, hedging themselves, it was not speculation it was protection–that was fine, but “speculators,” couldn’t care less about the particular market/product or commodity. To them, it’s just a predatory game. Usery, collusion and manipulation is very involved in the least productive and higher motivations, get crushed.

And completely legal. I don’t know what else to tell you.

I can’t speak for the previous participants in the thread.

But I am all for abolishing the Federal Reserve, and establishing 100% reserve banking and permanently ending the government’s ability (via the Federal Reserve) to inflate and thus to manipulate the economy.

3 Likes

Probably shouldn’t go that far, either.

Not really legal, laws get ignored, nor is it morally acceptable.

Once again, vote for people that are willing to come down on that sort of thing. And like I said, enjoy!

I do try to vote for people who know the difference between massive manipulation and collusion and real business and services.

Then how do bankers make their own money?
I don’t think any banking system in existence or theorized today, would be free of manipulations as long as people have shallow morality.

To fix it, would require fundamental divinity and enlightenment, internalized by all people. That’s a goal beyond lower realm habits.

Hey, as long as the rules and laws are what they are some people are gonna exploit them any way they can. Don’t know what else to tell ya.

People doing collusion already do not care about laws

And if they do get caught the penalties are usually a pittance. I’m sure they have that worked into their cost of business plan.

Yes and that’s not acceptable.