The Rapture and the Real World: Mike Pompeo Blends Beliefs and Policy

Yes, I am agreeing with you. No, you did not say Pompeo violated the law.

We have to wait until they violate the law?

That policy was initiated December of 2017. I didn’t agree with it then and I don’t now. Someone could argue it endangers US interests, but it would be difficult to probe and I believe the policy still passes muster. Not every policy decision I disagree with could or should be fought.

Hard to do anything until they do. They can say what they want, but until they act upon it, it’s rhetoric.

Did you ever explain this?

Is that what you said earlier? Do you think strongly held beliefs such as Pompeo’s played a role in that policy?

Pompeo said “rapture” and they moved the embassy. What should be done?

Then why do you disagree with it?

I see no reason for the embassy to move. It has the potential to increase instability at taxpayers’ expense with little or no benefit. Just because a policy isn’t overtly illegal or unethical doesn’t mean I have to agree with it.

How is that not unethical?

Spending money with no benefit or harm happens all the time in government. We hold those accountable (or try to) when that happens. Unless it’s wanton/negligent, it’s difficult to do much before it happens, however.

What did you mean by “instability”?

How would you describe the current political climate in the Middle East, including Israel and the Palestinians? Stable or unstable? Does the US moving its embassy to Jerusalem have the potential to make things more or less stable?

jesus decided to sacrifice himself. Not god.

That’s what I thought you meant. So why are you talking about spending money?

How is moving the embassy ethical?

Ok, if you say so.

I don’t say so. The New Testament says so.

The embassy will cost just north of $21 million dollars. Taxpayer dollars.

You could make the argument that it is not ethical to move the embassy. I think that would be difficult to prove to the point of stopping the process, however.

Might want to read it again.

I’m asking for your opinion.

I don’t think it’s overtly unethical. In my opinion it’s a poor decision with no compelling justification or clear benefit for the US.