The proxy war. More innocents

What on earth are you talking about now? Lost me, Mr Jay. Notions and narratives are sometime hard to follow, just like Biden sentences.

China’s debt is higher than the US’s. I guess that must reflect their poor leadership and weakened state.

Stay focused, it’s literally the same conversation you’ve been a part of for days. He’s talking about the war in Ukraine being solely on Putin’s shoulders

What’s hard about following the idea that the invasion of Ukraine is solely on Putin?

Nope it doesn’t matter.

Plenty of ways to deal with that matter other than invasion.

Because it takes the focus off 1) punchin’ libs and 2) the fact that—when a Democrat is president—America is a weak, worthless laughingstock that even lepers would pity (but do not, because libs are so evil).

1 Like

Even if all of these are true (and a case could be made… :sunglasses:), if one country invades another, it’s all on the aggressor.

Any other explanation is a “wife made me hit her” excuse.

1 Like

Or in this case “wife’s friend is responsible husband beat her”

1 Like

Absolutely correct. bush and the coalition troops take full responsibility for the invasion of Iraq. Sadam is blameless.

Allan

1 Like

Yes the invasion is ultimately on Putin…

But just so I understand the logic here…the same leftists who twisted themselves into pretzels to blame everything on trump…are now telling us that Putin not invading during the trump years means nothing and that him watching America fumble the Afghanistan thing meant nothing…that president zelinskyy basically telling the senate that Biden green lighting Nordstream 2 played a major roll in Putin moving forward…

The same people who wanted to put anything they didn’t approve of on trump are now “no it’s all Putin American action I under the current administration didn’t have a thing to do with it?

You guys are awesome!

Yes Zelensky said that but how would getting that through empower Russia into attacking Ukraine? What’s the status of the pipeline now?

The logic of the poster to which I was responding seems to indicate he believes Putin bears zero culpability.

In the post to which you responded I referred to more nuance with my parenthetical…and have addressed such nuance in more detail in other posts.

But there is still a small subset of people…some on these boards…that are looking on Putin as some anti-globalist hero.

And that the loss of life in Ukraine is wholly the West’s responsibility and wouldn’t have happened had we simply left poor Russia alone.

And that is absurd.

You’ve never been hungry.

Neither has Putin.

Not one.

So complicated…lemme simplify.

Putin is a war criminal…if someone accidentally shot him in the head planet earth would be better off.

He’s also not an idiot. He picked what he thought was the best time to go…when the people of America were stupid enough to elect a weak feeble fool to serve as commander in chief (and by the way the Biden’s have collected millions of reasons from Russia why we should question how compromised ole Joe might be).

Hell even bill Mahar figured that one out!

‘If Putin thought Trump was really that supportive of him, why didn’t he invade while Trump was in office? It’s at least worth asking that question’

Why indeed?

1 Like

Yes, but Syria is also a proxy war with Russia.

The armed militias did very well fighting tyrants as our founders knew and thus gave us the 2nd A.

1 Like

Looks like Putin is settling for taking Mariupol as a land bridge connecting eastern Ukraine to Crimea.

I think first that Putin wasn’t ready yet to invade Ukraine. He had to build his cash reserve and complete the crushing of independent media.

Secondly, I believe Putin would have totally invaded during a second Trump term.