The Politics of the Handmaid's Tale

They ignore the anxiety and despair of unemployment…Then…even worse…they tease and play with it.

5 Likes

Voting by mail puts postal workers at risk. We need to suspend elections until the data tells us it’s safe.

1 Like

So because you are more “virtuous”, you get to impose your 3rd grade understanding on the other 299,999 with force? I’ve seen this plot before.

3 Likes

“Arrogance” would be a better adjective then “virtuous”.

Yeah, ‘better’ in Handmaids Tale is better for the men who get to make babies and worse for the women who are state sponsored whores in the name of religion.

1 Like

There is a reason it is in quotation marks.

Who is better and worse in the Lib’s Tale?

Why would you call it ‘lib’s tale’? Trump’s administration supports the stay at hoe orders. Trump himself chastised teh GOP gov. of Georgia for opening too soon. They also have printed guidelines about when to stay closed, and when to open.

Conservative govs all over teh country closed their states.

Hard to see how anyone benefits except in that we are slowing the spread of the virus.

How that falls into a lib/con paradigm is anyone’s guess…

2 Likes

No he didn’t.

Some do.

Why do you assume I am talking about just “stay at home orders”?

It was okay for what it was. Which was a) not an attempt to be faithful to the book, and b) deliberately over the top with its acting and dialogue. But decent enough for a forgettable popcorn muncher.

1 Like

“I want him to do what he thinks is right, but I disagree with him on what he is doing,” Mr. Trump said at a White House briefing. “I think it’s too soon.”

“I love those people that use all of those things — the spas, the beauty parlors, barbershops, tattoo parlors,” Mr. Trump said on Wednesday. “I love them. But they can wait a little bit longer, just a little bit — not much, because safety has to predominate.”

I watched it. He disagreed with tattoo parlors. Which is of course, stupid.

Not with opening the state of Georgia.

He said it was too soon.

For tattoo parlors. Which is stupid.

Not the state of Georgia.

that’s not what he said.

“I told the governor of Georgia Brian Kemp that I disagree strongly with his decision to open certain facilities which are in violation of the phase one guidelines for the incredible people of Georgia,” Trump said.

He suggested he would intervene if he saw “something totally egregious.”

“I love those people. They’re great. They’ve been strong, resolute, but at the same time, he must do what he thinks is right. I want him to do what he thinks is right, but I disagree with him on what he’s doing but I want to let the governors do (what they want),” the President said.

“Now, if I see something totally egregious, totally out of line, I’ll do (something),” Trump said, but did not provide specifics on what he would do.

1 Like

It is what he said. I watched it. Live.

please provide a quote and a link. I have provided what he said above. If the article didn’t quote Trump accurately or fully, please post the complete quote.

I watched it live.

Do you care about them being able to pay the mortgage and buy food?

1 Like