The Politics Forum and What Makes a Good Political Thread

I didn’t criticize a moderation. You keep asserting that. Doesn’t make it true. You’re doubling down on mind reading in regard to a poster who has never, in 14 years, approached COM.

The initial reference was valid.

What exactly did you say?

https://community.hannity.com/t/general-slop-from-various-threads/233780/125?u=dem

You moved the post over to slop.

Dude I give up. Its obvious you are hell bent on doing things your way and as a mod thats your prerogative but its ■■■■■■■ up the forum.

When I talked about moving threads I mispoke I should have said posts. The number of posts that get moved to the insulting sub sections are insane and its mainly you doing it. But my point remains that you now indulge in the very mod behavior that you were once critical of.

I do appreciate the opportunity to have my say. I just hope you and the other mods reflect on all the comments made.

4 Likes

I asked why a thread whose OP was garbage and whose contents contained multitude examples of trolling wasn’t sent to the trolling section. Could it be because I agree that some things should be sent into oblivion, or side discussions? Or is it more likely that a spot free poster of 14 years just all of a sudden decided to COM?

If you thought the post ought to belong somewhere else, a simple mod note could have accomplished that.

Shoot, you could have shot the post over to the slop thread. Instead, you decide to issue a TO.

As a mod and if you saw this would this be a threat or not.

Cause putting someone on their knees seems like a physical threat to me.

Oh wait.

I can see how the excuses are going to be made.

But you see my man… I would never in a million years type something like that to a stranger on the internet.

There was a line that was crossed.

People saw it.

That is one of the reasons why this crackdown on whatever happens to constitute “trolling” from day to day is not taken seriously at all.

But really guys.

Keep on this path. It is the way to drive long term posters away.

4 Likes

Yours was the third one. After two warnings.

No, don’t give up. You’ve won. No more Mod Notes. No more warnings.

In the discussion thread. This forum or PM.

I might have been quick on you, there were several. If so, my apologies.

Please remember, we are not going to discuss, question, complain about moderation in a discussion thread. CF or PM.

The warning to stay on topic? The post is on topic. Why does it matter if it was the third one? Are we limiting the amount of people who can post on topic information now?

SERE School is training. Not a fight. If you didn’t understand, you could have asked.

I will say this, it’s my fault for using military terminology with civilians. Old habits die hard.

My apologies for that.

It was the third reference to Trump case. A link with “charity”.

Yes, the warning. The point was made.

Put your mod hat on.

Is it on?

Is it firmly on?

If you saw a poster say that they would put another poster “on their knees” would that be threat or not?

Other people than you and I can see this and read this.

So what is the answer?

4 Likes

Keep in mind it’s not just the left here that Mods have to satisfy…it’s also the right.

In case you all haven’t noticed lot of those on right don’t post out in the open.

This forum isn’t here to suit just the left needs. Here is change for “some” to compromise with the right for change.

Some here claim Sneak is bias, OK. Well I hear differently. They say Sneak has been to quick to give them mod notes. Some even feel they have target on em.

So here is my challenge. Go back and find last 25 mod notes he gave out…and count which side those notes were directed at.

This is Conservative forum. If you’re really here to debate issues honestly…we’re waiting. But that’s two way street.

Now who here is willing to openly admit that AG in New York going after NRA is politically motivated?

I added to it.

No, it is not a physical threat. I can see how you would think it is. I was unclear and for being unclear, I apologize.

Intent vs. Impact.

As a mod, I would ask. Give a Mod Note and require an edit.

Good to know.

Things are cool when one retroactively changes points from months ago to make it seem better. But the original still exists.

Pretty sad dude.

Just remember this when the question is asked as to why no one takes the moderation seriously.

1 Like

Were the quotations an issue? Are we at a point, where even on topic posts can get moved, if too many make a similar post?

That question hasn’t been asked. Will you take moderation seriously from the others? You want me to quit?

Yes, when it is off topic.