The number of black-owned small businesses in the U.S. increased by a staggering 400% in a year-over-year time period from 2017 to 2018

Surely the good economy will excuse the racism and the white nationalism!

Hope its really happening but that is not at all what that chart is saying. The Right Wing blogosphere is taking something and making it something else ostensibly to intimate that Trump cannot be a racist if Blacks are thriving in business.

Clever, but the numbers don’t add up.

The head of marketing for Guidant Financial, who did survey, stated…

She explained the article “ it [their survey] only measures the current client base , not [ intended to reflect ] the African American business population of the United States. “ She also said “ we cannot control how the media spins the survey, some have even taken the graphic and changed it.” She says they have received many calls and they try to correct the misperceptions. “ I have heard some are trying to say this is because of Trump.” She apologized for the confusion, again reiterated they have no control of how the media spins their advertising.

The CEO of Guidant removed his statement linked in the article as well, if anyone clicks on it.

This wasn’t ever intended to be a real survey, its just been made into one by folks desperate to defend their President, who is having a really bad week.

Still, I hope African Americans are doing better, I really do. You just cannot determine that by this piece of PR.

1 Like

It’s a survey, I would not take the data literally, but it does show growth in minority businesses.

Well. That should be the end of that. It won’t be of course. But it should.

I’m sure they did the survey in the past without such good results…obviously and lol!

Never said he did.

But there was a trend of a steady increase in black owned business across his presidency and beyond.

Again it is good that Fat Donald hasn’t screwed that up.

Yet.

The Kaufman index is better at showing minority involvement in startups, their latest survey was 2016.

Whites still started around 80 percent of startups, not 55 percent as this infographic implies. Of the minority groups Hispanics seem to double the number that African Americans do.

The SBA also concurs on their website.

But if you want to believe a PR graphic, that, by the hosts own admission was never meant to reflect the African American business population simply because you want Trump to look good, so be it and I hope it makes you happy.

Doesn’t make it any less nonsense, but happy is happy and I am glad for you. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

He hasn’t screwed up anything. Walked off the street became president, and the economy has boomed ever since.

Heck, if the swamp was behind him, we’d make faster progress in NK and on trade.

All you have to do is look at the OP to know premise in most likely false.

Do you think I wrote the article … See the left just ignores reality. Is Maduro a Psychopath?

How would you take it?

What difference does that make? Why are you guys always comparing race?

I said he hadn’t screwed it up yet. Jeeze Louise!

He has screwed up lots of things.

You just refuse to see them.

The Swamp?

Hell he brought in plenty of his own swamp dwellers why would he need preexisting D.C. swamp creatures.

Besides? I thought he was the “deal maker” that he was the king of the deal, that no one else made deals like he did, that he would either wow them with his charm or beat them down with his pure deal making magnificence?

He screwed up our relation with South Korea, and with North Korea.

He gave “little rocket man” a permanent seat at the big nation table and walked away with jack squat, nada, zilch, ZERO!

The economy was on the uptick when he walked in off the street.

Luckily he hasn’t screwed that up.

YET!

But he is trying.

As I would any survey or poll; they are not hard numbers just a tally of questions asked to a small subset of people (in this case 2300), including “prospective owners”.

The Unemployment rate under President Obama dropped from 7.8% in January of 2009 down to 4.7% in December of 2016.

So in the case, polling isn’t science?

Probably because of the best retail environment ever as the CEO of Target says… So, Trumps economy has even turned around the retail store ice age…

" Target CEO raves about the state of the economy: This is the best consumer environment ‘I’ve seen in my career’"

Polling never is, the statistical analysis of it can be, where did you get that idea?

Here. I’ve been told 1,000 times.

If the data and analysis is shown, you can certainly have a level of confidence in it…

But if Bob polls his two buddies and posts the results, maybe no so much. There is lots of area in between.