The Next Recession Will Destroy Millennials

No “we” aren’t.

Naked? Yes.

Broke?

Nope.

And that inherent inequality in starting points is not always because someone “worked harder and smarter” than the other.

Not unless you count certain activities as “smarter and harder” that aren’t really value-adding activities, but “exploitation of the system” activities.

1 Like

Let’s see if reading the last paragraph from that link Trumps all.

1 Like

Yeah, it pretty much is. You just have to go far enough upstream.

You go far enough upstream…you’re going to find a lot of “gaming the system to enrich oneself personally without adding real economic value”.

But I believe we’ve had this discussion before and that you would say that such “gaming of the system” actually was an example of working harder and smarter.

I disagree but hey…to each his own, I guess.

You game “the system”.

Of course it is.

It is a nominal, at best, marker for determination of a slide towards recession. Actual data points, that drive business decisions, which then lead to consumer spending, is a much more reliable, and quantifiable measure.

All of the screaming by many Trump supporters about “talk of a recession will cause the recession” is pure emotional gibberish and has no real place in the discussion regarding the weakening of both the national economy and the global economy. Which is a very real thing right now.

If I do, I quite obviously suck at it. :sunglasses:

Don’t hate the game…

It has a huge place in the discussion. The bias of CNN, Washington Post, NYTs, broadcast networks are all clear and they can be expected to show that bias in their interpretation of economics.
Maybe they can’t stop or cause a recession, but if they do their part to speed it up before the next election they will be happy. Just ask Bill Maher.

Again, that is just emotional gibberish Doug. Reporting on the data points that indicate a slowing economy, and then explaining what these data points could lead to based on historical observation and trends, will do NOTHING to speed up or slow down an economic downturn or recession. There is no quantifiable evidence to even attempt to support such conclusions. Empirical data supersedes emotion man.

And I could care less about Bill Maher and what he said. Just like I didn’t care what Rush had to say about wanting Obama to fail. These are entertainers. Get back to me when actual politicians pass legislation or implement piolicy that has direct, negative impact on the economy. Oh, like the Trump Trade War® for example.

1 Like

Clap louder.

1 Like

Maybe the secret to avoid the recession…is not talk about the recession at all?

1 Like

The first rule of Fight Club is…

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

Prove it.

Still waiting for those metrics that show we are experiencing “the greatest economy our country has ever known”.

1 Like

Because the best economy we’ve ever known needs to be stimulated with lower interest rates of course. Just imagine if we were actually going into a recession. Oh wait.

2 Likes

Fuzzy math for the win?

1 Like

What recession?

Are we going to celebrate 26k again today then maybe again later on this week?

We’ll tell you once you explain to us the metrics whereby you declared this the “greatest economy this country has ever seen”.

3 Likes