The New New New Covid Strain

please answer my question instead of evading

if “absolutely nothing” is an answer then say so

Good thing I told the wife not to put any money down or make any bookings we can’t cancel for our planned trip to Greece next year.

2 Likes

Or, we could figuratively do that on the internet every single day, about libz and lockdowns.

That always seems to help.

hahaha… cripes. scared the cat laughing

Hey evasion is the way. Our One Horse Dog Faced Pony Soldier evades all rational reasoning. Libs follow their leader.

1 Like

What is Joe Biden doing?

I imagine following this closely to see how dangerous this new variant is. Also weighing options like travel bans. Talking to vaccine makers to see the possibility of mitigating this variant.

These are all guesses but seem likely.

Guess we should have shared the vaccine with the world.

oh brother…

2 Likes

I second the motion

1 Like

We have shared some but your point is correct. Without it getting knocked out on a global level, mutations will grow anywhere and then spread via air travel.

When Trump did it, it was racist.

2 Likes

Ok now my question. Do you support the same travel bans the UK and Israel have instituted?

Well at least it’s not doomsday yet.

from Omicron COVID Variant Discovered in Israel As Heavily Mutated Strain Spreads

Vaccines will “almost certainly” be less effective against the new Nu variant, professor James Naismith, a structural biologist from the University of Oxford, told the BBC. But he said that the vaccines will still be quite effective. “It is bad news but it’s not doomsday,” he added.

1 Like

That is good thinking, I am not so much worried about the money as I am about just being able to travel reliably again which is looking like will remain challenging

1 Like

Positive news. Thanks.

So what was the vaxxed breakthrough with delta? Something like 0.1 or something? If so that would make this one 0.8

Erg- I suppose doomsday would be if the new variant was far more deadly. Hopefully that’s not the case.

Typically virus mutations get more contagious but less deadly, let’s hope that is the case here.

2 Likes