The Nation Is Poorer

Ms. Betty White has passed 18 days shy of her 100th birthday.

Rest In Peace ma’am, and thank you for the laughs.

7 Likes

She gave us the gift of laughter.
A national treasure to be sure.
Rest in Peace.

I was hoping she would make it to 100. RIP.

2 Likes

We will all miss her, I think. When I would come home for lunch from elementary school in the 1950s I would watch her show while I ate. I can still picture that harp that opened the show.

1 Like

As a child, I thought I remembered her being on the tv show Password and so I just queried it.

Yep…Don Ameche vs. Betty White (day 1)
Episode aired Oct 16, 1961

As you age and in the normal way of life, those older than you continue to pass away, it reminds you to appreciate each day.

May The Lord be with you Betty White.

3 Likes

As Betty demonstrated better than anyone, age is just a number.

3 Likes

Icon…RIP.

2021 sucked.

3 Likes

Yep bad way to go out of 2021

2 Likes

It’s the first time in a very long time that i am truly sad over losing a celebrity. I am not a big fan of Jeopardy so Trebek’s death wasn’t as hard for me but this one truly hurts.

1 Like

Her obituary reads like of a person who never slept and yet was alive and happy every single second of her life regardless of age.

2 Likes

Well said.

She remained relevant and funny to her last days.

1 Like

Everyone I immediately think of as a celebrity is either dead or too old to get decent parts.

I came of age watching The Mary Tyler Moore show, so I was a fan all my adult life. Got me to thinking, the older I get, the less living legends there are. Betty White was way up top on my list of legends.

2 Likes

You should have seen her as Mrs. Vann Dyke. :sunglasses: :tumbler_glass:

Well said! She was a grand lady.

1 Like