The Myths About Republicans/Conservatives!

Yeah, Democrats definitely don’t have the Progressive Caucus.

Wrong.

Not what I said. Not even close. I said they don’t have a liberal caucus. Not all democrats are progressive. But all are liberal. Understand yet?

Lol!
So why are you doing just that in this post?

Make no mistake the other side does that exact same thing as well. About the time you realize that neither side holds a higher ground in any regard is when you will come to realize how things work.

No matter how many things you think your particular ideology doesnt do there is more than a few examples of where they do. And you can go with the cop out that said things arent REALLY what we stand for, the other side can say just as much.

3 Likes

Excellent reply.

2 Likes

Nope dem’s are better.

1 Like

Conservatives accused liberals of “hating America” during the Iraqi War.
Conservatives accused liberals of “siding with terrorists”
Conservatives accused liberals of wanting to start another civil war.

How is posting your OP on this forum educating the public?

You say there are flaws on both sides of the spectrum but focus solely on the left.

Cool, another victim thread.

1 Like

Progress to what?

Its all they have.

It’s been awhile ride for me politicly. I was born in the early sixties when there had been generations of men who had been conservative, even if they didn’t call themselves that.

And during my lifetime that term was then co-opted for political purposes.

I’ve watched that entire movement change from small government to being taken over by the extreme religious right. All so they could keep their kids away from other kids that they don’t like and use the government to impose their version of America on the rest of us. And a bunch don’t even attend church anymore.

It’s a complete 180. These people aren’t conservatives. They’re Trump Republicans. Or just Republicans.

Was Archie Bunker Republican or Democrat?

Great. Another thread about being a victim.

Yea, you will NEVER find any of those in a room full of Democrats.

Idiocy such as this is limited to one political party.

For anyone interested, here is a text of the bill.

http://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/faces/billTextClient.xhtml?bill_id=201920200ACR99

NO they don’t! :angry: You’ve got elected Democrat officials who routinely LIE on the Congressional floor about their Republican colleagues as well as spewing lies and insults on the campaign trail and when interviewed and its the same lies and insults because leftist Dems have nothing new to offer just the same old foaming at the mouth hatred!

1 Like

Yes they do. Get the hell outta here with that ■■■■■■■■■

To even respond like that shows an absolute lack of intellectual honesty.
Not even worth discussing anything with you.

2 Likes

In regards to the difference in the Republicans/conservatives in 2019 vs. Conservatives leading up to the 70’s and 80’s, I have a quick question…
What group was Lee Atwater referring to when he said…

You start out in 1954 by saying, “N-word, N-word, N-word.” By 1968 you can’t say “N-word” — that hurts you. Backfires. So you say stuff like forced busing, states’ rights and all that stuff. You’re getting so abstract now [that] you’re talking about cutting taxes, and all these things you’re talking about are totally economic things and a byproduct of them is [that] blacks get hurt worse than whites. And subconsciously maybe that is part of it. I’m not saying that. But I’m saying that if it is getting that abstract, and that coded, that we are doing away with the racial problem one way or the other. You follow me — because obviously sitting around saying, “We want to cut this,” is much more abstract than even the busing thing, and a hell of a lot more abstract than “N-word, N-word.”

Or is this one of those Republican/Conservatives myths