The liberal reset, our Dear leader Brandon B-dumb is proud

All I can say is Let’s Go Brandon, Let’s Go Liberal World Order. Let’s Go CNN Give me a break. This ■■■■ is getting bad.

The future of the Liberal World Order should be out in the daily trash pile.

3 Likes

Pray for cheap gas and a return to sanity.

1 Like

What’s creepy is that these duck heads say these moronic things with a straight face and conviction!

2 Likes

Maybe people should pick up a history book. The United States has been part of the “liberal world order” since the end of WWII. Seventy-five years and now there is outrage?

We know why there’s outrage. People have no idea what the concept of “liberal world order” is. They were either sleeping through history class or just forgot. It’s unfortunately a new term for them. They see the scary word “liberal” and scary term “world order” and figure if they’re put together they must be doubly scary. Yet another phrase added to the conservative boogeyman list.

4 Likes

liberals post ww2 were actually liberals

now theyre just lunatics

6 Likes

Now they’re just libs.

Big difference.

3 Likes

Conservatives current use of “liberals” as a pejorative does not change the meaning of liberal in “liberal world order” now or when it was introduced 75 years ago. This uproar shows there is only one meaning now to them.

I honestly did not know that. So apparently that soundbite is much ado about nothing. Learn something new every day.

1 Like

Is this case it’s a misnomer.

And progs calling themselves liberals doesn’t change the meaning of the word.

4 Likes

Any (fill-in-the-blank) World Order sounds sinister. Brave New World. 1984. Ayn Rand-ish.

No lib would have used that phrase just a few years ago. At least not out loud. “Liberal World Order”. And it’s certainly not some “liberal” principle as the classical liberal ideology is. It’s LIB World Order, and it needs to be opposed at every turn.

2 Likes

Speaking for THIS conservative only, I draw a clear distinction between Liberal and LIB.

I can’t help what others use. But I can also say that today’s libs have destroyed what a political liberal used to mean. Just like so many other words.

4 Likes

It’s been used for a very long time. Just because people haven’t heard of it doesn’t mean it’s new. Just because it’s new doesn’t mean it’s automatically scary.

Discussions regarding the fall/future of the liberal world order have been going on for quite a while. I guess if people were already familiar with the term it wouldn’t be an issue.

What dribble. From the end of WW II until 1992, the world was locked in an ongoing conflict that didn’t flare into WW III only because the USSR never achieved the military capability to believe it could win such a conflict. The so called liberal order was nothing more than a temporary construct. The US and it’s Western allies were momentarily left alone on top of the mound when the Soviet Union dissolved. And immediately little divisions started among the survivors, each looking for advantage. And the rest of the world was still out there and new players were also looking for advantage.

World Orders are nothing new, never permanent, and always in flux.

3 Likes

It’s not just current. In 1973, the political writer Wilfred Sheed wrote: “I myself have not met a self-confessed liberal since the late fifties (and even then it was a tacky thing to admit, like coming from the middle class or the Middle West, those two gloomy seedbeds of talent), yet hardly a day passes that I don’t read another attack on the ‘typical liberal’— as it might be announcing a pest of dinosaurs or a plague of unicorns.“

1 Like

it’s not a conservative pejorative. The left has hijacked the term “liberal” as though they push progress.

traditional liberals have achieved their aims by and large. Everyone in this country now enjoys the same opportunity no matter race, religions. Amazing this happened in such a short time - a mere 3, 4 generations.

this leaves modern so called “liberals” without a cause though. that’s why they create aggrieved groups out of people who have actual mental issues and are internally conflicted and in need of help, counseling etc.

the left as they are now are a problem. they are not “liberal” and are destroying all the progress real progressives made throughout the decades (despite the democrats)

2 Likes

Lunatics

1 Like

For those who do not believe there is a move to establish global governance and subjugate the independence of the United States and her citizens, all one needs to do is consider the Council on Foreign Relations and its Global Governance crap

Also keep in mind, this is the same gang which Biden boasted to about blackmailing a foreign government into getting rid of a prosecutor who was investigating his son’s shady business deals.

JWK

2 Likes

Pest of dinosaurs. That has a nice ring to it. :t_rex:

And as an unabashed liberal (whatever the hell that means anymore) I am okay with sanctioning Russia for their bloodthirsty war in Ukraine. :sauropod:

1 Like

“Moral Imagination”

“Negative Liberties”

“Liberal World Order”

People who weren’t paying attention are unfamiliar with words and phrases, or their meaning; they assume no one else does; they hear someone they’re supposed to hate use the term and, according to Cleek’s law, figure it’s gotta be some new coinage that libs are using to scheme. Well, no way libs!

But with “liberal world order,” we probably weren’t talking about it explicitly in the past because it wasn’t subject to much debate here.

See, it always seemed that having relatively stable political institutions, representative government, rule of law, the dollar as reserve currency, a powerful military, defense alliances with European allies, etc., and other elements central to the liberal world order was a good thing. Its desirability was conventional wisdom.

4 Likes

Name one social movement that conservatives have been on the right side of? From 1776 until today.

Name one.

1 Like