The Joy of Two Cats

Thank you :blush: They’re a lot of running around after, like babies, but a joy!

Yin and Yang?

4 Likes

Definitely!

After chasing each other all over the house, here’s brotherly love:

1 Like

Here’s this year’s barn kitties. They were born early in the merry month of May. Got rid of one of them, she was way too sweet to be outside. I’ll take some current pics later when I feed them.

3 Likes

Awww!!! :heart:

Kitty montage.

2 Likes

Barn cats make the best cats, they look cute, you can pet em, they kill vermin and best of all they do their business outside!

Love the Calico

3 Likes

They really are. There’s nothing quite like nuzzling faces with an adorable stone cold killer, especially when they purr.

The mama is Gypsy VI, and she’s the first one in that bloodline to come out with that matte color in place of the black. The only mother cats here are calico, that’s one of the rules. The mini-me has her color palate plus stripes.

2 Likes

First shots yesterday and treatment for fleas with Revolution.

They’ve gained one pound apiece to weigh in at two lbs, have a case of the zoomies, and sound like little horses on the floor. They especially love running up and down stairs.

1 Like

They found a warm lap.

2 Likes

Beautiful cats!

1 Like

When the covid situation made it necessary for DS to move back home, he came with the cat in tow. Now, we’ve got a large GSD and were initially worried that the dog might hurt the cat. Nope. The dog is totally intimidated by the cat. Apparently what we’d thought was a Russian Blue or just a grayish domestic house cat is a breed called a Korat. It’s a Thai breed, and I think “Korat” is Thai for “pain in the keester.” He makes this weird sound, more of a chirrup than a purr, takes over any space he wants, and parks himself behind the dog’s dish when it’s her dinner time, just to mess with her head. Then he jumps on DH’s lap to cuddle, rubs his face all over DH’s face. The cat was a “dump job” - a former roommate moved out and left the cat with DS who didn’t have the heart to give it to a shelter. The dog was pulled from a high kill shelter. So we make the best of what we’ve got.

1 Like

That pain in the keester Korat sounds like a typical cat. I can’t recall any cat of mine that didn’t park itself in front of the dog’s food bowl or take every spot as its own. I hope the German Shepherd isn’t too unnerved.

I’d sure like to see a cute picture

Here are the boys, now almost 7 months.

They’re being something of a pain in the butt today, jumping on tables. Accidentally broke part of an ornamental lamp.

I’m getting them neutered probably by the time they’re one year old.

1 Like

That is a fun but trying age to be a kitty owner.

Cats generally are at the top of the hierarchy. :smile:

1 Like

You really want to do that ASAP. Before they pick up any nasty behaviors like spraying.

1 Like

Happy barn kitty season! This year’s litter is 6 1/2 weeks old. This orange and white one is headed for H-minus’ home in a week or so.

2 Likes

Neuter day tomorrow.

How long does it take to heal?

Advice?