The Impeachment will happen, Pelosi officially kicks it off at 5:00 pm today (9/24/2019)

Not my point, more about the confidence in what the Senate will do.

They are freaking over those investigations into all those Obama scandals aren’t they?

Especially with no evidence!
Hearsay does not qualify someone for whistleblower protection so they have nothing!

Maybe you’re right brother. But something feels different. Especially with McConnell rushing through Schumer’s resolution by unanimous consent for the White House to release the whistle-blower complaint to the IC’s. Right after Trump already volunteered to release the transcript of the phone call between him and the President of Ukraine.

I mean, every single Republican Senator agreed to pass this request of the White House. That to me seems like a huge break from anything we have seen previously under the Trump GOP.

1 Like

They really are! All the evidence points to an attempted coup by Democrats, and they think the only way they will escape justice is to try and pin utterly and provably false accusations on Donald! But they will fail!

Public polling just isn’t where it needs to be to have any credible chance of conviction. That could change in the coming weeks, but right now, there is not the groundswell of public support that would make a conviction plausible.

Those evil doers will fail!

.^
I wonder sometimes if McConnell would like Trump or Pence in the Oval Office.
Impeach Trump and install Pence and he immediately becomes the front runner for the GOP in 2020.

IIRC, Pence would be eligible for two terms on his own since he’d assume the Presidency since the current term has already passed.
.^^^^

2 Likes

It helped republicans when they did it.

Just a desperate deflection smoke and mirror to keep the focus off of Biden

1 Like

Do it, do it, do it, do it…

1 Like

Democrats aren’t Republicans.

Go Donald, America’s champion of virtue and goodness!

I don’t disagree. But why would McConnell allow the caucus to vote unanimously in favor of the WB complaint being provided, if he did not have some sort of political angle here? I’m certain he has learned more than the general public about what this complaint entails, and his first, last, and only priority is to protect the party. Not Trump, even though those have gone hand-in-hand in the past.

Maybe he believes when the facts about the WB complaint come out through impeachment hearings that the public support will inevitably move. Also, the internal polling for the toss-up Senate seats on the Republican side have allegedly been brutal. Maybe this is a play to give them cover?

The GOP Senate caucus was firmly behind Nixon until they weren’t and they became “weren’t” twenty four hours before he resigned. People forget that part.

5 Likes

I understand that, but I don’t think your average Dem is going to recoil in disgust at impeachment proceeds, nor will it somehow energize new Trump supporters.

She’s already bumbling and slurring her way through it.

I am not sure of that.

Sure the GOP did it to Bill and he became more popular afterward but look at what happened when he left office. The GOP took the WH and both houses of congress.

So I don’t see it as being a politically ruinous thing to fail at impeachment.

2 Likes

Yep, it is.

1 Like

:laughing:

It isn’t working.

If Biden gets plugged this early on there is plenty of candidate talent left.

What will our Corpulent Commander in Chief do then to try and pin corruption on Elizabeth Warren? Will he go to the Indian nations to try to have them dig up dirt on her or else he will withhold all Federal Aid and Assistance?

Calling her Pocahontas might still resonate with the DDD’s, but the sane and rational American people will tire of it pretty darn quick.

Then what?