The house select committee on Jan 6

1 Like

And the funny thing is that it could have been even. McCarthy had the chance to have a 50/50 split. He got everything he asked for in negotiations . He could have had enough control to limit this whole thing to the end of the year. And he didnā€™t do it. He has no position now to bitch from.

Jim Jordan is there for a very specific jobā€¦one for which he is very well suited.

1 Like

This is going to be better for him.

The GOP isnā€™t participating to be serious adults on this committee.

Sooner people realize that, the more theyā€™ll understand.

There was a better chance of the Crazy Horn Headed guy becoming the President that day.

2 Likes

My sarcasm detector just red lined, began to smoke, then blew out

1 Like

Gym jordan is not just a horrible politician. heā€™s a horrible human being.

2 Likes

Not sure the strategy. With Jordan, if he is in character, heā€™ll attract more attention to the proceedings than less. And possibly make them last longer into the year.

As we all know what we saw, and as the list is growing of folks who openly admit they came to disrupt the certification of the vote, not sure this is a good, sound strategic move.

It is absolutely a good strategic move.

Reality clouding is the New GOP strategy.

Cast shade and throw doubt on everything. Keep people believing the truth is ultimately unknowable.

People who doubt reality make the best Sheeple.

That is why I am hoping that all of it is broadcast. If the Republicans come off as disingenuous IMHO that will not sit well with a lot of voters. And I believe that there will be a lot of talk about McCarthyā€™s phone call with the president that day. And he has already tested his response on Chris Wallaceā€™s show. He will say that any converstaions with the president are confidential. So that will be a dead end.

1 Like

You donā€™t like Cheney I get it.

She used to good until she crossed trump.

Now she is a persona non grata in the Republican Party.

Allan

1 Like

I would agree, however it is Republicans not taken in by reality clouding, and Independents whom the GOP desperately needs for big wins.

I suspect McCarthy got some pressure. He seems craftier than this.

1 Like

I donā€™t know that they need such people.

We shall see.

1 Like

ā€œReality cloudingā€

That is a charitable descriptionšŸ™ƒ

1 Like

The republicans passed on an even split.

So now nancy calls the tune.

Allan

Yep. They could have gotten folks who would attempt to distance events from Trump but, ultimately, call it an insurrection by a few hooligans. A quiet, partial rubber-stamp they could send off into the minimal memory banks of contemporary America.

But now they may have a s-show.

1 Like

So Iā€™m behind, what story are you guys going with about January 6th now? Jovial tourists? It was really antifa? It was a riot but itā€™s cool because these people supported the same candidate I did? Itā€™s so hard to keep track.

2 Likes

I really really want more of them to go with the ā€œTrump supporters are so dumb they were easily duped by the FBIā€ defense myself.

I think thatā€™s a winner.

1 Like

Referring to his remarks to the crowd before they stormed the Capitol as ā€œa very mild-mannered speech,ā€ Trump also suggested that the blame for any violence that day could be placed on House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and other Democrats because they didnā€™t take the potential for violence seriously.

ā€œThey are the ones that were responsible,ā€ he said.

This is some awesome meta-gaslighting right here.

1 Like