The house select committee on Jan 6

How is she but not McConnell in charge of Capitol police ?

Seniority.

McConnell shares leadership with Schumer.

They dance to Pelosi command.

Quit making things up.

We have a warrant for your arrest.

It was an insurrection.

1 Like

The reason Pelosi ripped up Trump SOTU address was to show her alpha authority.

I am certain she answers to nobody.

She is also about to succumb to the reality of age and time…not sure exactly when or how…she is on borrowed time to be in her position.

The fall of Nancy Pelosi will be a delight to me and probably a few others.

2 Likes

The Capitol Police report to a board that is not chaired by Pelosi. The Senate Sergeant at Arms, the House Sergeant at Arms and the Architect serve on the board. Get your facts straight.

Yes…you have…over and over and over and IMO…it’s the wrong side of this history.

Like I said, I’m taking the side of reality which your side is non-coincident with.

They each have a SoArms to do as they each instruct. Both have resigned due to their failures.

The former chief of U.S. Capitol Police says security officials at the House and Senate rebuffed his early requests to call in the National Guard ahead of a demonstration in support of President Trump that turned into a deadly attack on Congress.

Former chief Steven Sund – who resigned his post last week after House Speaker Nancy Pelosi called for him to step down – made the assertions in an interview with The Washington Post published Sunday.

Sund contradicts claims made by officials after Wednesday’s assault on Capitol Hill. Sund’s superiors said previously that the National Guard and other additional security support could have been provided, but no one at the Capitol requested it.

Sund told the Post that House Sergeant-at-Arms Paul Irving was concerned with the “optics” of declaring an emergency ahead of the protests and rejected a National Guard presence. He says Senate Sergeant-at-Arms Michael Stenger recommended that he informally request the Guard to be ready in case it was needed to maintain security.

Like Sund, Irving and Stenger have also since resigned their posts.

Ex-Capitol Police Chief Says Requests For National Guard Denied 6 Times In Riots : Capitol Insurrection Updates : NPR

2 Likes

The fact is that the leader is responsible.

It is the Pelosi House for now and she is accountable. Same as Biden is for Afghanistan and the Haitian invasion of Texas.

Maybe now you will answer my interrogatory about WHY Pelosi should not be part of the discussion. She is, after all, using the tilted optics as political campaign fodder.

Pelosi did fire the Sergeant at Arms…asked to resign…did you forget? I think it was for separation and cover like you are providing.

Three anonymous sources for this report…

Pelosi’s office had previously impressed upon Irving that the National Guard was to remain off Capitol Grounds, Irving allegedly told House Admin. The discussions, which centered around “optics,” allegedly occurred in the months prior to the Jan. 6 riot, during a time when deployment of federal resources for civil unrest was unpopular with Democrats and many members of Congress.

The three sources who confirmed the discussion to the Daily Caller did so under the condition of anonymity, citing the fear of putting a chill on further witnesses to how the security situation unfolded Jan. 6. The discussion, if accurate, raises questions as to what role Pelosi’s office had in the security failures that resulted in the resignations of both Irving and former Chief of Capitol Police Steven Sund. Pelosi’s Deputy Chief of Staff Drew Hammill did not deny the allegations in a statement to the Daily Caller.

1 Like

You’re hiding right now from reality and remind me of Byrd. Stand front and center of this.

4 Likes

The dirty Byrd is an entire new can of worms.

We will get to his actions at some juncture also.

3 Likes

I sure hope you’re right because until it does, this will never be fully put to bed.

1 Like

That is exactly why I am sure we will.

The video shows how unjust the shoot was…we won’t rest.

1 Like

You and Camp both posted a lot of text but none contradicted McConnell’s being 1/3 in charge, so to speak. There are TWO sergeant of Arms, not one.

Go ahead and criticize Pelosi. But at least have a modicum of honesty and criticize McConnell as well.

Capitol police requested national guard. “House sergeant at arms Paul Irving said he was not comfortable with the optics of formally declaring an emergency before the demonstration.”

The House Sergeant at Arms isn’t going to consult with someone who can remove him on something like that?

3 Likes

It is funny to consider that the House and Senate Sergeant at Arms would give two rat posteriors about the optics. That is something only Pelosi and to a lesser extent Schumer and McConnell would consider, until they NEED that fence and National Guard presence to fuel their tilted vision and story.

3 Likes

And after reading this, you still wonder why they put the fences back up?

1 Like

We should use the same fence on the border.

3 Likes

But wouldn’t the optics of needing the national guard to protect the certification process have been GOOD for Pelosi and Schumer?

1 Like