The house select committee on Jan 6 Pt 2

I agree. It was not a January 6th exclusive.

Yep and that’s why they had to put the hearings on prime time

1 Like

“Reports” come in every election. The actual flag bearing was all his.

They didn’t say it was. In fact quite the contrary.

He is the cause of Jan 6.

Yeah. Because it is a very inconvenient reality to understand

No. The flags had been waving since sometime early in the Obama administration.

1 Like

We are in agreement.

Nope. January 6th was the culmination of years of discontent.

And it ain’t over.

1 Like

My understanding is not the problem here.

1 Like

That is one way to write off that it was because Trump lied about the election?

Why were they all there on that day? What was so special about Jan 6?

Here is a hint… it is connected to Roger Stone on Nov 5 saying that the States can appoint their own electors and throw out the votes.

I agree.

That is when the shared reality started to really break down as the Birchers started to win the GOP.

1 Like

Birchers? What century are you living in? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

There we go.

The Birchers won the GOP.

That is what we are seeing.

1 Like

The brooks brothers riot was a thing. Hanging chads was a thing

The Kennedy Nixon face off in 60 was a thing.

The flags have been there forever. He took the flag and ran with it

Obama set them off though.

Samm he was saying if he lost it meant the election would have been stolen all throughout the campaign.

It was actually his MO from the moment he started running in 2016.

“Based on the fraud committed by Senator Ted Cruz during the Iowa Caucus, either a new election should take place or Cruz results nullified”

2016 Colorado caucuses: “They (Colorado GOP voters) are going absolutely crazy because they weren’t given a vote, this was given by politicians. It’s a crooked deal. … It’s a rigged system.”

2016 popular vote: “I won the popular vote if you deduct the millions of people who voted illegally”

Aug 2020: “The only way we’re going to lose this election is if the election is rigged”

Sep 2020, when asked if he’d peacefully transfer power if he lost: “We’re going to have to see what happens” and “get rid of the (mail-in) ballots and there will be a very peaceful continuation” of power.

Also in Sep 2020 “The (mail-in) ballots are out of control. You know it. And you know who knows it better than anybody else? The Democrats know it better than anybody else”.

And that they “were a big scam”.

And "We want to make sure the election is honest, and I’m not sure that it can be. I don’t know that it can be with this whole situation — unsolicited ballots. They’re unsolicited; millions being sent to everybody. And we’ll see.”

And suggesting the election be postponed because of the mail-ins that would make this the “most INACCURATE & FRAUDULENT Election in history”.

And some more of his claims prior to the election: The President's Trumped-Up Claims of Voter Fraud - FactCheck.org

All these claims were made BEFORE Election Day.

You know this…you know the cries of fraud on Election Night were not “spontaneous” and “independently thought of”.

MAGAs were conditioned and encouraged to believe this is what was happening…by Trump.

And the claims that emerged from Election Night onward were brought forth by Trump and his team, and by rabid Trump supporters who just echoed their leader.

You know all this, but I fully expect you to double down.

2 Likes

He STOKED their ressentiment.

That’s why they heeded his call.

The personal devotion MAGAs have to their man is probably a thousand times more than the most rabid Obama supporters had to their guy.

That kind of personal loyalty only comes when a person validates the loyalists’ ressentiment.

lol. no.

1 Like