The house select committee on Jan 6 Pt 2

Joe McCarthy was a rank amateur in comparison to Liz Cheney and this committee.

More like a KGB committee.

3 Likes

Right. Permanently stop the transfer of power, worse than what they able to accomplish without guns. Seems like a legitimate thing to investigate and prevent from happening again.

I support a constitutional amendment that prohibits law enforcement agencies (federal, state & local) from investigating themselves in officer involved shootings. Do you?

Which they did not accomplish. Why are you having such difficulty understanding this?

The no harm no foul concept of trying to overturn the election.

Great stance.

3 Likes

There is no need. All they have to do is to abide by the law regardless whether one is an ordinary citizen or a law enforcement officer.

2 Likes

We were not talking about harm, we were talking about accomplishments.

They accomplished to convince a pretty good swath of people that the President attempting to overturn the results of the election that he knew that he lost is no big deal.

Guess it stems from the confusion of this response. I make the point they were there to disrupt the transfer of power, you said wrong and just changed disrupt to delay to repeat what we both agree on. They delayed the transfer of power. Without guns. More bodies, guns, and unwillingness to die, they could have accomplished more. Delayed a full 24 hours or longer. Pooped in the upper deck of every toilet. Gun grabbed from their off site cache. A violent mob is unpredictable.

ā€œBut, but, everyone I know has a big butā€¦ā€ (Pee Weeā€™s Big Adventure). All sorts of things could have happened. Letā€™s stick with reality.

2 Likes

What happens when they donā€™t?

Itā€™s a criminal action whether they succeed or not

I think the situation would have immediately been brought before the Supreme Court to decide what authority the President of the Senate had and how this was to be resolved. BUTā€¦that didnā€™t happen. It is all speculation.

1 Like

The scheme is working.

Trump endorsement is political kryptonite.

The trespasses into the Capitol, sure. The rest likely just part of a disputed political process. I guess weā€™ll just have to see what Garland decides to charge, if anything.

1 Like

The fake elector scheme was also illegal

Was it? I think the idea was to have them available if a court ruled that some elections were invalid. No court ruled that. I would not assume it was more than a lame scheme that was bound to fail.

2 Likes

It sure looks that way Thatā€™s why the DOJ opened a criminal investigation. Evidence that a crime might of taken place

The courts already had their say, it was over. Even if that happened, I doubt the losing candidate and his lawyers get any say in the process of selecting alternative electors.

The fact that making them available might not have been illegal. However IMHO it was illegal to issue the paperwork that multiple states did and sent it to the National Archives.

1 Like