The government no longer publicly reporting drone attack statics

Trump admin. is nixing the requirement for the government to report publicly the number of drone strikes happening outside of combat zones each year.

Trump issued an executive order revoking the requirement, capping months of speculation that he would revoke the disclosure rule.

The order says the director of national intelligence must no longer issue “an unclassified summary of the number of strikes undertaken by the United States government against terrorist targets outside areas of active hostilities, as well as assessments of combatant and non-combatant deaths resulting from those strikes, among other information.”

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/432871-trump-nixes-public-report-on-drone-strike-deaths

remember that time the righties complained Obama wasnt transparent…

I remember

@WuWei thoughts on this EO? It seems like this makes your biggest gripe against our previous president easier to get away with (and before you ask yes I do think Obama should of faced the consequences for killing an American without a trial)

Why bother dealing with the negative press for drone strikes when you can just pretend they aren’t happening?

1 Like

He’s got a pen and a drone!

It’s bull ■■■■■ They need to keep publishing the report and Trump is ■■■■■■■ up.

Having said that, it didn’t stop obama from murdering US citizens, so it sure won’t stop Trump.

I can’t argue with any of that. Thank for replying

Agreed accountability is important.