The first 6 judicial nominations just went to the Senate today, the 6 NEW nominations, the 70+ returned nominations are still in limbo

Six new District Judge nominations were announced yesterday and they went to the Senate today.

However, 70+ Article III Judicial nominations were returned to the President at the close of the last Congress and to this point, zero have been renominated, 2 full weeks into the new Congress.

This indicates two things.

1. There are serious negotiations in regards to some of the nominees, particularly in States such as Arizona and Nevada where Republican Senators were replaced by Democratic Senators who may object to the previous nominees.

2. The White House Counsel’s Office is heavily involved in shutdown negotiations, but is also primarily in charge of judicial nominations. It is possible that judicial nominations have been placed on the back burner.

However, it seems inexcusable that those nominees that are NOT subject to serious controversy have not been renominated already. Time is wasting and every day that is lost is a loss of a potential confirmation.

Trump is a lame duck President. His legislative agenda is dead. The ONLY positive thing he can accomplish is the appointment of Article III Judges.

Forget the ******* wall, it will NEVER happen.

Reopen the government.

Send the ******* nominees over NOW.

As for the Senate, forget about that ******* dumbass abortion bill you were trying to pass and just confirm nominations. It wastes time, won’t pass the Senate and would be dead on arrival in the House anyhow.

1 Like

Which six Districts? Thanks in advance.

Here is the thread with the names, districts and brief White House biographies.

Yay, more judges who will favor corporations over workers!

Hey… you never know. SCOTUS just came out big for workers. On my phone so can’t link it, but google “Gorsuch arbitration”

Awesome, thank you.

Each justice or judge of the United States shall take the following oath or affirmation before performing the duties of his office: “I, ___ ___, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will administer justice without respect to persons, and do equal right to the poor and to the rich, and that I will faithfully and impartially discharge and perform all the duties incumbent upon me as ___ under the Constitution and laws of the United States. So help me God.”

If they are following their oath, they are not favoring EITHER one. Judges that favor workers over corporations as just as evil as judges that favor corporations over workers. Justice must be administered without respect to persons.

McConnell needs to open the government before any judicial noms should even be debated.

Especially since the federal court system will run out of money this week!

They have managed to squeeze out two extra weeks using non-appropriated funds, but it looks like January 25th will be the day that they can no longer continue funded operations and will have to go into emergency mode.