The Experiment Has Failed

Ok, if you say so.

It’s amazing they believe that drivel, given they’ve been part and parcel of doing it themselves.

And yet it did. Because somebody made it happen.

Hitler managed to get into power.

He did not “make Nazi society happen”.

That was beyond his power to do so.

We’re done. Enjoy your life.

Prove Hitler “made Nazi society happen”.

Show your work.

1 Like

I have been convinced that the experiment has failed.

That women should not be in politics. Get the shrillness out.

I have also been convinced that society is being directed… by lib? By Democrats? By who I am not sure but it is being directed.

So what is next?

1 Like

Boy this thread still looks like a dumpster fire. A dumpster full of cat hair and biohazard bags.

3 Likes

This thread convinced me even further that women should continue to seek positions of power. The experiment will continue on regardless of the complexes of whiny men.

2 Likes

Then find one you like.

I think Nazi Germany was the culmination of endemic European anti-semitism that had existed for a thousand years.

Pogroms were normal in Europe. But most people were ambivalent about it, not participating. But the holocaust and it’s severity required a trigger that impacted a larger percentage of the population.

Germany’s shame due to the loss of the First World War and its enormous sacrifices was ultimately the trigger IMO. Someone had to be blamed for that catastrophe. The Jews, the communists, the Slavs, the social democrats… they were easy targets for the frustrations of a nation that had basically sacrificed itself over four long miserable years and ended with nothing to show for the struggle.

1 Like

Good post. But remember, NAZI Germany wasn’t just antisemitism.

Conditions had to be there but rise of Nazi and Hitler was controlled…you know never allow a crisis to go to waste.

I suggest you guys read the works of William Shirer and others who actually lived in the Third Reich and observed the culture there…and you will see that Hitler did very little to shape the culture that was Nazi Germany, but rather tapped into undercurrents of that society that had already evolved.

He controlled the reins of power…he did not control the culture. He was a product of the culture.

2 Likes

Sneaky didn’t say Hitler. He said Nazi’s

Are you denying that NAZI’s didn’t take advantage of conditions that was set after WWl?

So much for blaming Trump.

I think both views are valid.

Hitler and the NAZIs took advantage of endemic German anti-semitism and anti-communism as well as the shame the nation felt over the events of 1914-1918.

By the same token, it wasn’t that hard to convince so many Germans that the Nazi point of view was legitimate. Many held similar views to Hitler, maybe not to the same extremes, but they were prevalent. Hitler himself was the product of Germanic views on Judaism and other non-Germans.

Many people see the Holocaust as something that only occurred because of Hitler and the Nazis. I reject that entirely. It was the result of centuries of hatred. The power keg was already there. The disaster of 1918 and 1919 lit the fuse. Hitler and his followers directed the burn.

1 Like

Even then, it took the Great Depression.

Which “just happened”.

I find it interesting some of you believe a society can’t be directed, yet have no problem believing man can cause global warming.

Holy non sequitur.

1 Like