The evidence against Trump is mounting!

1 vote away from being removed

Hello Dem

Logicā€™s not your strong suit, sikofit?

The evidence against Trump is mounting

If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duckā€¦then it probably is a cat?

Ooof, not the best idea if you are Trump. Whoever he is suing now has the power of discovery and can actually make Trump testify. It isnā€™t defamation if it is true, the defendant would have the right to prove what they alleged was true.

In other words, that will never happen.

1 Like

So we should let Trump slide if he committed crimes?

Noā€¦but my point still stands. When itā€™s only a one sided prosecutionā€¦you get things like giving immunity but no indictments, the person being investigated deciding what evidence is pertinent to your own investigation or destroying evidence thatā€™s under a Congressional subpoenaā€¦and yetā€¦no prosecution. After a while my friend, good peopleā€¦will no longer careā€¦about the rule of law. Thenā€¦ā€œweā€ have total mayhem.

Agreed.

We should still try Trump if he is suspected of illegal acts. Glad we agree.

It is my understanding and it may be wrong that instilled in the constitution is the concept of due process. It has even been argued that John Adams became a PATRIOT DUE TO THE Suspension OF DUE PROCESS by the king.

At the heart of sue process is the presumption of innocense, it is foundational.

Yet some that defend the constitution are willing by bypass due process like a lynch mob. Some of those even served in the military.

what crimes have the prosecution committed?

Dude, I said we should try Trump. Put him on trial to determine from the evidence whether he is innocent or guilty.

A presumption of innocence does not mean you donā€™t put someone on trial. Thatā€™s ridiculous.

It means that as defendants we donā€™t have to prove our innocence, itā€™s up to the prosecution to prove guilt.

Part of the process to prove the accusedā€™s guilt would be having relevant witnesses provide testimony under oath in the trial.

They already had that chance in the House.

This is all coming to the predictable end.

That was not a trial. It is an absolute absurdity to have a trial without witnesses unless the accused is going to plead guilty.

I note also that M McConnell had proposed that the evidence from the House of Reps would not have been included automatically in the record of the Senate trial.

Guess just how much your feigned outrage matters?

The Dems claimed that from the evidence uncovered during the House trial it is indisputable that Trump is guilty of whatever they listed in their articles. Now they are arguing that they need to be allowed to present more new evidence to prove their supposedly already watertight case.

They have driven themselves mad with their unrestrained hatred of their President and their frustrated addiction to power.

Lest we forget the Demā€™s also had full control of the timeline and calendar.

They werenā€™t willing to wait for the courts to rule on Trumpā€™s assertion of Executive Privilege, and they werenā€™t willing to wait until more witnesses could be heard from.

It isnā€™t up to the senate to help them make their case nor should McConnell even entertain anything they are demanding to that end.

The House obviously see themselves as the supreme branch of government, with the authority to direct or by-pass the Senate, the judiciary and the executive. Poor self-important lunatics.

They promised their base an impeachment by Christmas. Their master was the calendar. They had no time to wait!! :rofl:

1 Like

Perhaps not. But Vegas odds are the Dims will begin the process all over again and their first witness in the new proceedings will be Frankie Pentangeles!