The edit button is sorta back but now I can edit others posts

I forget what the edit button looks like.

I dont have it. I used to be a regular. What is going on?

■■■■ of the bull. I don’t have it

I did a bit of digging.

Now I’m feeling like I’m wasting too much time.

Source:

Ah…that bogus suspension.

Whatever

I had a 7 day timeout too.

I have to assume timeouts are different than suspensions.

I haven’t had a timeout, and still can’t seem to make regular. Maybe I’m not reading enough of the posts.

Aye. Apparently, a timeout (or as it’s officially called, being Silenced) means you can login, but can’t post. A suspension means you can’t login.

Source:

https://meta.discourse.org/t/whats-the-difference-between-suspended-and-silenced-users/7171

I was suspended. I could log in and read. Could not post.

Apparently that’s not “suspended” but “silenced”. I was silenced too.

To get to trust level 3, in the last 100 days…

must have visited at least 50% of days
must have replied to at least 10 different topics
of topics created in the last 100 days, must have viewed 25% (capped at 500)
of posts created in the last 100 days, must have read 25% (capped at 20k)
must have received 20 likes, and given 30 likes.*
must not have received more than 5 spam or offensive flags (with unique posts and unique users for each, confirmed by a moderator)
must not have been suspended
All of the above criteria must be true to achieve trust level 3. Furthermore, unlike other trust levels, you can lose trust level 3 status. If you dip below these requirements in the last 100 days, you will be demoted back to Member. However, in order to avoid constant promotion/demotion situations, there is a 2-week grace period immediately after gaining Trust Level 3 during which you will not be demoted.

All of us who came over from the old forums got Regular status. I had it and no longer have it. We must have lost it from one of the above reasons.

You libs all try to flag my posts for spam and whatever. So if the mods fall for that… they can keep their edit button.

We can see who edited what. Don’t abuse it. If you’re caught maliciously editing posts it’s going to be two weeks suspension first offense, permaban second.

I need to read more topics and give out more likes to earn regular, it appears.

For sure I’ve gotten enough likes.

.>
How is this supposed to help “regular” (as in normal, not “trusted regular”) folks be able to edit typos in their own posts?
.>>>>

They’re never going to address that.

Not saying this to be mean…just if this hasn’t been solved in several months…it never will be.

1 Like

So this means I can fix my spelling?

Cool…not that it’s going to help much.

Well damn yes…Yes I can.