The 'Disinformation Dozen

Its good to have the perfect deciders, the ones who run Facebook and Twitter, have the genius to determine the ultimate truth and ban the lies. That saves so much wasted time on debates or asking for evidence of truth.

2 Likes

I think most of the major news organizations don’t intentionally spread disinformation. They don’t need to, because they can influence the narrative by what they focus on, how prominently they push certain stories, etc.

1 Like

Facebook and Twitter “determine the ultimate truth and ban the lies” of content on Facebook and Twitter. They have as much right to do that as Sean Hannity has to ban people from this forum.

I agree, but is it a difference without distinction?

The end result of both is more division and more partisanship, and it won’t stop anytime soon because division makes money and wins elections.

1 Like

We really need to decide it these platforms are a town square or not.

And if they are a town square, 230 will need to be left in place.

One of the main problems about these dozen people, is that they use misinformation to sell useless or harmful “alternative” treatments to people in lieu of them getting effective medicine.

Launch these people into the sun for all I care.

2 Likes

New Age healer types are a blight on society. But it’s probably an understandable consequence of our nation having a medical system where people are scared to visit a real doctor even if they have insurance.

1 Like

Let them go start their own platform.

I agree news is news the problem is the prime time opinion pieces that spin and distort the news

And what was the reason they tracing it back to those individuals? So they can be doxxed? Threaten?

Their is a motive for it them tracing it back.

1 Like

It’s so that everyone knows where the majority of the disinfo comes from.

The one’s who are spreading this disinfo are doing so because they have “alternatives” to sell.

That has always been the case. What sells, it what gets put out there, thru the various means.

Do you think the sources I noted, are trying to push an agenda…by story selection?

Yes.

Have you seen them print a story with disinformation on purpose?

Do they have Op Eds?

I agree.

The idea of of fact checking should be supported, not mocked.

Yes, I don’t think a completely impartial news source exists.

1 Like

Who writes the stories.

“Fact” checking is useless.

2 Likes

Does it need to?