The Democrats are After the Middle Class for Higher Taxes, not the Rich

What I’m saying is I’ve dealt with them a lot and have more knowledge about how they work than most and have kept tabs on this ■■■■■

Probably not, as I’ve always figured on getting it all straightened out and sooner or later would have no choice. No guarantees of course.

Said every caught and reformed criminal ever. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

3 Likes

Yup! LOL…

Do people think servers in the catering industry report all of their tips? I know I wouldn’t. Whatever you report is what you deposit. At least that’s how you did it years ago. I don’t know if they have a better way to track it today.

That is no excuse for raising our taxes & hiring NINETY EIGHT THOUSAND new IRS agents to harass us all & get into our bank accounts to see what we spend our money on.

2 Likes

Are you advocating that the IRS use these additional auditors to go after minimum wage earners who work in a service job?

1 Like

LOL, surely you jest?

This administration is getting closer and closer to being a dictatorship.

4 Likes

Nope. It’s an honest question.

Oh now I see why you asked. Due to my last sentence. I only said that because I don’t know how things have changed over the last 25 years in regards to that. But I am certainly not suggesting that the IRS harass servers. Nor do I think they will. Like I’ve said, I’ll avoid/evade any and all taxes given the opportunity.

Thanks for the reply. But once the new IRS employees are on board, the intent behind hiring them is beyond the control of the Administration. They will go after whomever they want, and going after the little people who have no lawyer to hide behind will more likely than not, where the emphasis will be.

Avoiding taxes is illegal. Using the details in the tax code to your advantage to minimize your taxes is smart. I hope you are referring to the latter.

3 Likes

I don’t believe they will go after the little people. Little gain is not worth the resources. But I could be wrong.

On what I do with taxes. I’ll give you an example. I need a second fridge. I still have one from 1993 and I want to put that one in the garage and buy an expensive new one. The minimum it’s going to cost is around 2,500 dollars. I don’t live far from Delaware so I’m just going to go over the border to buy it. By law I’m supposed to pay a use tax if I bring it into NJ and use it here. If I don’t pay it, is that a tax loophole or avoidance? I think the latter.

You are right, that is tax avoidance. Tax avoidance is illegal.

Libs finally get to pay those extra taxes they always dreamed about. :rofl:

3 Likes

You’re right. But voluntarily giving away money on a technicality is mentally challenged behavior. I can’t use the “R” word, right? I’ve never paid any use tax on anything I bought online for the past what, 10-20 years? Does anyone? Just recently a lot of sites make you pay sales tax. Not all.

Honesty is a virtue you apparently lack.

Let me give you a quote that pretty much describes my attitude. There is a time and place for honesty.

I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.”

• Robert A. Heinlein

That doesn’t excuse you to break the law.

1 Like

No it doesn’t. It’s more about the honesty comment. You can make any rule or law you want, if I find them ridiculous I’ll probably not abide by them. I don’t know what that has to do with honesty. Simply because it involves money?

Do I steal from my job or cheat on my wife? Absolutely not. Do I take sick days only when I’m sick? Absolutely not. So no, I fully admit I am not completely honest at all times.