The conservative/right-wing social media people don’t understand the 1st Amendment

Many of the people at this social media summit are claiming their first amendment rights are being violated because they think they are being censored on social media sites. Do they even know what the amendment actually says? “Congress shall make no law…”. It only prohibits government action against speech. That’s it. Social media companies can make up whatever rules they want.

Even if they are censoring conservatives, which they aren’t, it wouldn’t be against any laws or violate the Constitution. Their rights aren’t being violated and they are free to create their own social media company or find another one or one of the millions of public forums on the internet where they can express their opinions. That social media summit was a sad, pitiful event consisting of a bunch of crybabies complaining about things that aren’t even happening. And even if they were, it’s not against the law, Twitter can restrict any speech they see fit if they choose too. Free speech doesn’t mean you get to say whatever you want, wherever you want, whenever you want.

2 Likes

i agree in part. twitter and facebook should be able to do what they want with their content

Why do none of these people do what Fox news did and start their own sites.

1 Like

Fox has the CEC market cornered. Entry costs too high and too hard to compete.

Members of both parties frequently make that mistake.

3 Likes

News for you: The president doesn’t understand the 1st Amendment, or the 2nd, or the 3rd, or the 4th, or the 5th, etc. etc. And he also doesn’t understand Article 1, Article 2, etc. etc.

Personally, I see many right-wingers/conservatives/deplorables posting on Facebook and Twitter. I think trump is pissed because Twitter dumped many bots in the past couple years, so his “following” has gone down.

Face it, the president is a whiny little bitch.

7 Likes

Nice one. Do you understand the 2nd?

2 Likes

The irony is that most right wingers always talk about shrinking the size of government. There is no government intrusion into social media (yet). This should be their utopia!

I’m not a constitutional scholar. I’m not commenting on the 2nd because what the founders wrote is not what is interpreted today. No one is a “well regulated militia.”

1 Like

I like the idea of conscription. As long as there is no way out of it. Rich or poor, you have to serve.

1 Like

To start a web site!

I thought as much. Have a nice day Pam

https://www.constitution.org/2ll/schol/2amd_grammar.htm

1 Like

OAN is the new kid in town.

Don’t they currently have blogs/websites?

Are they using public right of way to transmit that data? :sunglasses:

Science is my jam.

Neil ■■■■■■■ Schulman. LOL.

Easy reading. Plain English.

They’re certainly trying to out-flank Fox. Race to the bottom.

Scrolling through Breitbart comment section will give you the idea that Fox is just another arm of liberal media, especially after they suspended Judge Whatsherface after her hijab comments