The Coming Anti-COVID Restriction Backlash

You bet. We will hear great praises by Cuomo for his Emmy award winning work in stopping the virus. Of course, nationwide, we will hear praise for the success of the “Biden Plan”.

Why is that?

Because the virus won’t be under control until spring at the earliest, and even with no official restrictions in place, millions of people will avoid eating out, going to movies, etc.

Fair enough. I think you might be surprised if the restrictions were not in place, but we’ll never know.

Amplified by the snot-nosed soapbox warriors who think they too know what’s best for everyone else, after all those years of spreading potentially deadly diseases like the flu (and even H1N1) around because they didn’t want to miss a day or two of work, or didn’t want to keep their kids home because the symptoms weren’t that bad and they had things to do.

1 Like

Ah now we are back to “COVID 19 is like the flu”

Trumps greatest hits on repeat

1 Like

No, but by all means, fill in the mental blanks however best to suit your own point of view.

How many people would you say you’ve infected with the flu over your lifetime? How many died? :thinking:

I don’t think you look hard enough. I voted for Biden but Governor Wolf can take his restrictions and put them somewhere the sun doesn’t shine. I am pretty sure he has all but guaranteed a republican is the next governor of Pennsylvania.

Actually smaller gatherings indoors are the main superspreader events now.

So naturally everyone’s traveling for Thanksgiving to just such events.

2 Likes

Zero. I’ve only had the flu once in my life.

Flu death rate, and infection rate, is orders of magnitude lower than COVID19. So it’s a silly comparison.

It doesn’t have to be a large event. It could be anywhere that a dozen or so people gather. That’s enough to spread anything.

The best course of action IMO would have been just to limit public gatherings indoors. The entire lockdown and mask mandates were not needed. Then address the impact that has on businesses.

Now as it stands no politician wants to change anything for fear of backlash. Better safe than sorry, right? People against this lockdown from the start were right. I’ll admit, I wasn’t one of them. We’ll be wearing masks until 2022 because we’re a bunch of cowards.

2 Likes

That right there is shameful.

■■■■■■■ ■■■■■■■■■

Sure. Democratic governor Newsome touts new restrictions, then breaks them himself because he refuses to abide by them. ■■■■ anyone who restricts others while ignoring the restrictions themselves. He should be out of office for that.

4 Likes

Apparently nothing if you’re a democrat. They seem to have no issue ignoring their own restrictions. Nobody on the left cares.

4 Likes

I’d be denying it too if I ever found myself on a soapbox about wearing masks. :wink:

3 Likes

Well thank God I am not you then :wink:

1 Like

I’d like to see your numbers on this please.

It is very much like the flu.

2 Likes

You’re welcome. Try not to spread that flu around again this year. :wink: