The 2018 NFL Season Thread

Well, that’s was just a hell of a game. Glad i didn’t give up on it.

1 Like

Yes, for sure. We don’t see come backs like that very often, especially after the QB had an injury.

1 Like

A-God is a baaaaaad baaaad man. Go Pack Go!

Yeah, so much for that prediction. :joy:

It’s ok, there’s a reason he’s the highest paid player in the league. :dollar::dollar::dollar:

That’s for sure. He proved it tonight.

Well one thing you can always count on is the Chargers missing important field goals…not a good start

I don’t like ties either. IMO they should be counted as a loss. But I’d rather eat a raw piece of meat writhing with maggots than watch that gimmick they call overtime in college football. Whenever they go into OT I turn it off.

It may be their 100th season, but not with the NFL since it hasn’t been around that long.

Aaron had help. He threw a gift wrapped interception that bounced off the defensive backs chest. Chicago has no one else to blame but themselves. Their quarterback is also not NFL ready. Any decent QB gets into FG range with 2 timeouts and around 2 minutes left. This guy was visibly panicked.

Oh I agree. It certainly looked like he could not handle the pressure. And QB must be able to as they are often in stressful situations.

Anyway, the Bears play the Seahawks next in Chicago. I’m guessing the Bears will be wanting to redeem themselves after what happened tonight.

I predict that we will hear a whole lot about declining viewership and attendance numbers in the NFL, even though that has been happening in virtually all of our sports, pro and college—except the NBA—for years . . . sports that are making up for attendance losses with new TV deals. We have more platforms for entertainment, so sports will suffer. Also, HD TV makes us feel like we’re at the game already, so why go?

Then there’s Netflix, HBO Go, YouTube TV, and so on and so forth, but sure, some folks pretended to stop watching football because of Colin Kaepernick, like my brother-in-law, who, as he was complaining about the new Nike ad today, was watching the early afternoon game.

I was careful not to point that out, being a guest and all.

Sorry to make it political. Just got back from their place not long ago. Long night.

Rodgers to cobb…again the dagger. Reminds me if 2013 NFC

The AZ Cardinals lost yesterday. They have a bad O-line and they are going to have a bad season.

The SD/LA Chargers lost for the ninth straight time to the KC Chiefs yesterday. The Chargers are not going to win that division if they keep losing to the Chiefs. They may be able to get a wild-card spot though.

Good call. I spaced him.

:crossed_fingers:t3::blush:

10 char

I’ve argued this before but I wonder how many viewers they are losing to illegal streaming of games. Five years ago I HAD to watch whatever national game the networks felt I should watch based on my market. Since my favorite team is across the country from me I rarely got to see them play.

Thats all changed now as you can easily find internet streams the game you want and watch them on your computer, phone, or cast them to your TV. I don’t even have cable TV anymore yet I watch the NFL all the time and I watch the game I want to watch. But I don’t count toward viewership except in cases where the games that Verizon allows me to watch on my phone (whatever the networks show in my area) match up with what I want to watch. So I saw part of the Packers / Bears game last night and counted toward Verizon’s numbers but my watching of the Dolphins / Titans game yesterday did not count as I was watching a stream I linked to off of Reddit.

Yeah, I have to do that just about everywhere to see my Sacramento Kings lose again. Good point.

Whenever the Cowboys aren’t aired on TV (which is rare) I use my Verizon App to watch them. All I do is run an app that fools the location on the phone into believing I live in Dallas. :slight_smile:

Last night went a ways toward my prediction that the Rams are going to the Superbowl. They were a little sluggish in the first half but thats to be expected since none of the starters played at all in the preseason. By the second half though they had shook off the rust and the offense came to life and the defense utterly dominated the Raiders.

And week one of the Chucky re-experience in Oakland looks very bad. Giving away Khalil Mack and then looking awful in this game with Derek Carr especially looking bad.