The 2018 NFL Season Thread

I feel really sorry for back up QBs who are never used until the head coach has no choice, and then the poor guy is thrown into a high pressure, stressful situation like we are seeing tonight.

I don’t understand why coaches don’t use their back ups in the fourth quarter if the outcome is no longer in doubt. Maybe some coaches do, but I know they don’t in Seattle.

Anyway had been looking forward to this game all week, but it’s already a rout.

Just hope Aaron is ok.

Chris made a good point when he said even those who don’t like the Packers much generally watch the team just to see Rogers. That is true, he’s a big draw.

Brutal day already for star players going out with injuries.

Worst of the day in terms of how brutal it is was Delanie Walker who is absolutely done for the season if not his career. His leg got rolled up under another player when getting tackled and his foot was pointing the wrong way afterwards. He probably broke bones and tore things as well.

That’s awful, sorry to hear that.

Looks like Aaron’s injury isn’t too serious as he’s back. However, I wonder if it is worth the risk sending him out now, as the Bears are outplaying them by a mile.

Are the Bears really this good, or the PAckers this bad?

Miami / Tennessee game set the record for longest game in NFL history going over 7 hrs thanks to multiple lightning delays. In between though it was actually a decent game. The Dolphins are going to be better than expected. They won’t win the division but they could contend for a wildcard. Tannehill was 8-1 in his last nine games before getting hurt which cost him all of last season and he looked sharp today. He’s easily the best QB in the division not named Brady.

Bears are really this good.

I wondered what happened with that game. Bet there werent a lot of people left after such long delays.

I heard most people expected them to be better, but this is REALLY better.

Also glad Aaron is back and seems to be fine. Too late to help tonight though, I doubt even Aaron can help them erase this deficit, and that’s assuming Chicago doesn’t score again.

OK, GB only down by 17 now.

I expected them to be a lot better.

They have a a coach who understands modern offenses (unlike last years coach John Fox) and will build his offense to his young QB’s strengths just like Sean McVay did last year with Jared Goff. And they spent a LOT of money putting talent around Trubisky. And Khalil Mack speaks for himself. He will be on all the decade team and is the conversation with JJ Watt and Von Miller as the best defensive player of the decade.

NFC North should be the best division in football and while A-Rod is obviously the best QB in the division I think the Packers are probably the worst team of the four.

You could be right. Their season would have been over tonight if Rodgers injury had been serious. Even so, the QB can’t do everything.

It’s nice to see the Bears so improved as if i remember right they have struggled in recent years.

I really want the Vikings to win that division and also go to the SB.

Packers momentum pretty bigly

Rodgers about to break bears fans hearts again lol

Well things just got interesting. Good thing the coach didn’t take my advice and keep Aaron off the field.

It’s quite likely a lot of people changed the channel and are now missing a barn burner.

Dude, you left out Aaron Donald.

Aaron ■■■■■■■ rodgers

Wow, I didn’t think even Aaron Rodgers could do that. Very tough defeat for the Bears, who owned them in the first half.

As expected my bears still suck!

Sorry about that. It really looked like they had command of the game. Wonder how many millions changed the channel at half time and missed a thrilling (for some) come back.

I didn’t have a favorite in this game, but love to watch Aaron Rodgers.

This will be known from now on as the Aaron Rodgers game. I was ahead 164 to 109 in my fantasy league…and His 40 second half fantasy point now means I hope his kicker chokes tomorrow.