The 2018 NFL Season Thread

New reports show that the NFL and the Chiefs were all well aware of this months ago. They “talked” to Kareem and then did nothing.

This is going to blow up so badly in their faces. Especially coming on the heels of Redskins picked up Rueben Foster after the 49ers finally cut him for his domestic violence issues.

On the bright side I now have Spencer Ware on both my pay fantasy teams and both my free ones.

I’m already in 1st place in my main league with a starting roster of Matt Ryan, Antonio Brown, TY Hilton, Christian McCaffrey, James Conner, Matt Breida (flex), Trey Burton, Matt Viniatieri, and the Chicago defense. And I have some quaility backups like Tarik Cohen. Now I’ve got Ware as well.

The silence from the NFL and Chiefs is deafening. They are getting scorched on ESPN, Sports Illustrated, sports talk radio yet neither the NFL nor the Chiefs have made a statement yet. Its the lead story on several sports sites like SI.com and 2nd lead on ESPN but you can’t find anything about it at NFL.com.

Already some major news reporters like Adam Schefter (ESPN) are calling it Ray Rice II.

There are really only two ways to look at it and both are damning of the NFL. They either didn’t see the video back when they learned about this in February which means they were lazy since the NFL has a lot more pull than TMZ. Or they saw the video and chose to do nothing. Either way its a PR nightmare during a season when the NFL was finally moving past the kneeling and was getting great press thanks to some great games like the recent Chiefs / Rams game.

The Chiefs just released Kareem Hunt. Be interesting to see if he ever plays again. Ray Rice never played again though he was on the downside of his career by that point.

Its still a rather pitiful display by the Chiefs and the NFL since they knew about all of this months ago and did nothing just hoping it would go away.

As far as the Chiefs superbowl chances go I don’t think it hurts them too much. Spencer Ware did great filling in for a year when Jamal Charles got hurt. Only reason Ware lost his starting gig is because he then tore up his knee as well. But he’s a couple of years past that injury now and he’s a capable runner and pass catcher. Its still a downgrade but not a huge one.

The defense is starting to play better. And Dallas has Lee and Irving coming back. Elite defenses always give good offenses problems. The question is, are these Cowboys elite? We’ll have to see. I know the offense is abysmal.

The refs missed a lot in that game. The list will fill this page. How about the one play they flag Gregory for lining up in the neutral zone. If you look at the replay it’s borderline. But even still, what bothers me is that the flag was thrown as Drew was fumbling. A full 3 seconds after the snap. I hope it was stuck in his pocket.

They go on a witch hunt with Elliott but try to push this under the rug. TMZ wanted the video and got it. The NFL could have had the video if they wanted it too. What about the police? They said no evidence a crime was committed, really?

Hunt quite possibly eliminated the Chiefs from super bowl contention and ruined his career because he couldn’t keep his cool. What an idiot.

I agree, the officiating left a lot to be desired. I am happy about the outcome though, was really hoping the Cowboys would win. They needed it more than NO, although now the Saints may lose out on home field advantage, assuming of course that disaster doesn’t strike and they make it to the conference final.

Yes, and if any team should have known better, it is the Chiefs. This is the same team who had a player that murdered his girlfriend and then went to the practice facility where he killed himself in front of the coach and GM.

That was a horrible tragedy, he left a little girl without a parent, and murdered the girlfriend with his mother witnessing the horror.

Oh ■■■■■ I was really hoping the Vikings would beat the Brady Bunch, especially since the Bears were defeated earlier. But that turn over with four minutes left has ended it for them.

Anyway, @Blackwolf , the Cardinals got their third win. And the Packers coach was fired after.

Packers fired Mike McCarthy. Came several years too late. He isn’t a good coach and runs a horrible offense but Aaron Rodgers greatness masked his issues.

I chuckle though that Joe Philbin is the interim coach. As a Dolphins fan I saw firsthand just how bad a coach he was. Nice guy but horrible coach.

I was going to ask what others thought of McCarthy getting fired. The Packers have had a terrible season, no doubt about it, and the loss to Arizona was the final straw.

Always sorry to hear when coaches are fired, but thats the nature of the job. When teams don’t produce, sooner or later the coach has to go.

Not watching it but the Seahawks game is bizarro from the stats. At halftime Russell Wilson only had four completions but three of them were touchdowns. Halfway through the 4th he still only has eleven completions and four are TD’s.

I think if Rodgers played for the Patriots and Belichick we would be talking about seven or eight superbowl titles, not the five they’ve got with Brady.

Brady will go down as the GOAT because of his stats and rings but Rodgers IMO is a better QB talent wise. He’s just never had a good coach like Belichick.

I agree. Rodgers is just amazing. The one reason I am sorry the Cheeseheads won’t be in the playoffs is because we won’t be seeing him.

But we will see Patrick Mahomes, I love that kid.

If you want to see a heartbreaking loss watch the highlights of the Bills / Dolphins game. The Bills outplayed the Dolphins and outgained them by nearly 300 yards. Josh Allen had nearly as many yards rushing as the Dolphins had total on offense.

But the heartbreaker was the final Bill’s offensive play. It was 4th and 11 at about the 30 yard line. Allen nearly gets sacked, runs around, dodges another sack, runs around some more and then heaves the ball to the end zone. Charles Clay of the Bills literally had no one in 10 yards of him but he dropped the catch. He had to slightly dive for it but it was a very catchable ball. Dolphins take over and kneel. No way they should have won that game.

What an amazing play by the Seahawks just now. Wagner intercepted and returned it for a 98 yard touchdown, the best in Seahawks history. Glad I didn’t miss that.

Every now and then it happens. Sometimes a team will win by a fluke, and it’s harder to accept that type of defeat than losing 30 to 10 or so.

Since tonight’s game is a Steeler’s game:

R 52 Bill Vinovich 13 San Diego accountant, former NFL officiating supervisor
U 102 Bruce Stritesky 13 * Embry Riddle airline pilot
DJ 110 Phil McKinnely‡ 17 Vinovich UCLA inventory control, former NFL player
LJ 9 Mark Perlman 18 * Salem teacher†
FJ 31 Mearl Robinson 2 Cheffers Air Force instructor
SJ 60 Gary Cavaletto 16 * Hancock general manager, agricultural operations
BJ 17 Steve Patrick 5 Blakeman Jacksonville State owner, supply company
* Replay official: Mark Butterworth
* Replay assistant: Alton James

These are the individuals that will be engaging in nefarious plotting against the Steeler’s tonight, through flags against them at every turn, while missing fouls against them. :smile:

Sorry. :wink:

1 Like

Almost feel bad about it given that the Cardinals’ season was dismal anyway, so what would one more loss have mattered?

Aaron Rodgers is wasted under McCarthy’s offensive scheme. Either he doesn’t know how to utilize one of the best QBs of our age, he lacks the personnel to make it happen, or both.