Texas starts to shut down again

curious analogy, considering govt doesnt just mandate that everyone stop driving.

Not so what’s so curious about it.

The govt allows you to drive but requires you use safety apparatus.

The govt allows you to leave you house but requires you to use safety apparatus.

Allan

maybe you’re not aware of how the govt shut down businesses and issued stay at home orders

1 Like

What the hell…

1 Like

Ain’t liberty grand!

Sadly, I think we may be coming to the point in this nation where the only thing that will refresh the tree of liberty is the blood of patriots.

there were several benchmarks texas was supposed to use for the reopening progress
abbott ignored most of them.
this is the result. The spike in cases in yexas is abbotts fault. If things were just he would be arrested and jailed for teh deaths of people that his rush to reopen killed. same with desantis in florida

1 Like

except of course that the death rates are not climbing. Cases are, because young people are getting Covid, most of whom don’t even know they have it. We knew well in advance there would be spikes, we planned for it. This is nothing that was unexpected.

1 Like

icu rates are soaring in texas
in houston they reached normal ICU capacity yesterday. if things continue at the same rate they will run out of emergency ICU beds in a couple of weeks

:rofl:

Okay. If you say so. Then why don’t you link us to the CDC documents that said after one month of re-opening that the States that didn’t follow the CDC guidelines would obviously have to close back down. I’d love to read this stuff you claim exists.

I’ve heard this narrative before. Next, you’ll be claiming Houston needs 40K ventilators.

Just so then, lets look at what was happening in Houston a couple weeks ago

Openning the state did not cause this spike. ^^ those guys did.

2 Likes

Go to CDC and look for it yourself. We all listenned to the briefings, we all know what was said. They expected spikes as we reopen and were prepared to respond to them. Deny it if you wish. I really don’t care and I’m done playing your little “must find fault in the orange man” game. Things are not true or false because you want them to be, they are true or false because they are.

1 Like

I assumed you were just making it up. Thanks for the confirmation. Your surrender is appreciated.

1 Like

At this time, it is clear that the rise in cases is largely driven by certain types of activities, including Texans congregating in bars.

1 Like

sigh if you insist on making a fool of yourself, I won’t stop you.

LOL, you expect the truth from government in this atmosphere? The protest started, and bingo, like a clock in keeping with the incubation period… boom, spike. And where is the spike happening? Mostly in poor communities. And where were the protests and who took part in them… bang spike. It doesn’t take a GED or a doctor to figure this out.

1 Like

A Republican governor wouldn’t blame the protests for the spike?

2 Likes

None of that indicates it was 100% of the plan for Texas to re-open and then close a month later. Can you point out where this verbiage is in the plan?

1 Like

nope. telling the truth is a loser

besides you, who said it was? Keep trying, so far you’re doing great at playing the fool.

The CDC said from the outset there would be spikes, and that we had a plan in place to deal with it. Whatayaknow, there are spikes and its being dealt with.

Its a virus. It can’t be stopped. All the measures we put in place were never designed to stop one person from getting COVID, just to spread out the incidence over time. The exact same number of people are projected to contract COVID just over a longer period of time so as not to overwhelm the health care system. Until and unless a vaccine is developed for use, the only defense is herd immunity, it’s just a matter of how fast (or slow) we get there.

1 Like