Texas man gets probation after using ‘gay panic’ defense to explain killing his neighbor

did you high light that last part?
because there was no physical contact mentioned in the article…

I can’t help you with the dyslexia. Would you like me to buy you a new keyboard?

Where was the physical contact? Miller’s testimony said only that Spencer moved forward

Yes.

Correct. What did the prosecutor say?

Does Texas have a stand your ground law?

You’ve read his testimony? Can you give me the link?

Wonder why they found him guilty of the lesser charge?

This was an immensely difficult case for this Austin jury. Probably the most difficult in the last 50 years.

it said he moved towards him AFTER Miller rejected his sexual advances.

So there was homosex aggressiveness before the aggressive posturing towards Miller.

Prosecutors said because Spencer did not touch Miller or state any intention to hurt him, the notion that he used deadly force for self-defense was “ludicrous.” Miller did not have “so much as a scratch on him,” prosecutor Matthew Foye said.

No. I saw what state it was in. Like an earlier poster commented I too am surprised he got punished at all.

What else did he say? I quoted him twice.

He didn’t get off, he was found guilty of manslaughter. Wonder why?

48 states allow the same defense, probably including yours.

He should have been found innocent.

Different than stating that Spencer had no intention of hurting Miller. What Miller thought was clear when he said he was afraid.

from my post and the link I posted earlier.

" 'He had height advantage over me, arm length over me, youth over me,’ Miller said. ‘I felt he was going to hurt me.’ "

The assaulter was 8" taller and 30 years younger than the victim. If we were talking about a man and a woman , we wouldn’t even be talking.

And because he didn’t wait for the other guy to hit first, he is now a felon.

And I haven’t seen where he was a cop, it says he was an employee. Could have been a janitor or a dispatcher.

We done Texas bashing?

Do I hate the old black guy or the young homosexual?

tenor

:rofl: