Texas bans abortion

I thought “life begins at conception”?

1. – The prison stint was awaiting trial. Not a prison sentence.

2. – One year is not a “long prison sentence” (your own words). Goalposts?

3. – This wasn’t pre-RvW. It was 2015.

Explain the death penalty… do we not value their lives?

due process

1 Like

We know that. You are skirting the issue. What is the difference between a law prohibiting the destruction of a human life at one stage of development vs. at another stage? If the life is human, why should it be legal to kill it at one stage, but not the other?

1 Like

Oh? So then why do you think it’s okay to kill it before birth, but not afterwards?

Besides, the definition of miscarriage has nothing to do with “when life begins.”

Not to take your bait to change the subject, but the death penalty is not about the taking of innocent life.

1 Like

I like that for some reason. Very Zen.

Only persons get due process… should a zygote have it?

Good question. 6 weeks is arbitrary, but prolifers see it as a victory

I don’t think that. Prolifers do

Sure, why not?

1 Like

I agree. That’s what I said near the beginning of this thread. Any point between conception and birth is an arbitrary point to demarcate illegal vs. legal. In fact, so is setting the line at birth. But what else are lawmakers to do?

Do they? Or is that just you putting them all in one basket?

1 Like

In one reply you clearly differentiate between abortion pills and morning after pills, and then one reply later conflate abortion pills with morning after pills in response to a statement specifically about morning after pills.

:man_shrugging:

No conflation. Samm originally thought I was talking about the morning after pill. Look back.

Samm: Sorry, I thought you were referring to the MAP. Yes, if abortion were outlawed 100%, those chemicals would probably be banned except as required to protect the life of the mother.

Roe V. Wade happened around the same time as the Stanford Prison Experiment. In fact, it happened two years after. The experiment seemed to bring to light how one can misuse their authority over someone else, and how one becomes desensitized to brutality of those whom they are in charge.

How can Roe vs. Wade come about two years later? Do people not understand how women can be misinformed and manipulated- by their doctors, husbands, fathers, abortion clinic counselors, etc., who they usually trust in? Or the ethical dilemmas that come to be when abortion is legalized? And in contrast to capital punishment, which is supposedly cruel?

How can anyone be this stupid?

What about those cases where there is a corrupt prosecutor, or the evidence is manipulated or parts are ignored? What is one ever to do then? :woman_shrugging: :open_mouth:

Millions of women have had abortions. They are dumb and have all been misinformed and manipulated ?

1 Like

I’m talking about the Supreme Court justices.