Texas bans abortion

Anyone who is anti-vaxx and condones abortion is an idiot, although unironic.

So we are for killing toddlers all the way up to someone on their death bed? We are for physician-assisted suicide? Homicide? Come on, man.

Then “it’s arbitrary” cannot be an answer to the question “why is viability no longer acceptable?”

it can be.

yes. but we also value the lives of their victims.

There is no accounting for human frailties, but regardless, the death penalty is not about taking innocent life; abortion always is.

1 Like

No it can’t.

Not if you think some other arbitrary point is “acceptable”.

any arbitrary point is acceptable if that’s what a states legislature decides. and any arbitrary point is unacceptable for others.

Looks like those who say those who don’t care about women or children are pro life don’t have a leg to stand on.

3 Likes

That is so cool.

From what I gather, the bill doesn’t impose penalties on the woman, only on abortion centers and anyone who might help a pregnant woman get to one. This cognitive dissonance is going to need addressing some day.

Ya, the Uber Driver taking a woman to an abortion clinic can be sued by multiple people for $10,000 a pop.

The doctor performing it can be sued.

But the woman that decides to murder her baby, no penalties there. Cause you know hiring a contract killer and driver are the ones to be punished, not the woman hiring them.

WW

It defies logic the way they have set this up.

There was never an attempt at logic. It’s a dog whistle to the base.

I don’t think so.

There will be blood in the streets.

1 Like

really? its unlawful to possess drug paraphernalia, but every smoke shop sells it. in lots of states selling any amount of weed is unlawful but possessing small amounts is not. i’m sure there’s lots of examples

Your analogy is poor for the reason that abortion is conceived of as murder by the people who crafted this bill. The provider of a murder service is as culpable as the people who use them.

The small amounts of marijuana that people are allowed to possess in whatever states is allowed because—these are my inferences on the intuitions behind it are—the marijuana stays within a personal “bubble” like someone who makes copies of DVDs they own without the intention of selling the copies.

(There are also motivations for banning abortion that have nothing to do with believing it to be murder.)

I like this post only because I think the attempts to separate “emotion” from politics is absurd.

Where did you get that?