Texas bans abortion

Seem you both need to define “alive”. Sperm is definitely “alive” but not the same as an “organism”

Because both are horrific practices that are gross denials of basic human rights.

1 Like

Wait…

Are you seriously claiming that miscarriages are not caused by the woman’s body? It can be intention or unintentional… but the woman’s body controls the zygote. Zygotes have no autonomy

Are you pushing to get me to come out and directly call you stupid?

There is a clear difference between an born adult slave and a zygote. Ethically, morally and under the law.

Even most prolifers make that distinction… I have yet to see a bill approved that using “conception” as the starting point.

Slavers said there was a clear difference between blacks and whites.

I’m not easily offend. So go ahead.

The only stupid position is the one that states miscarriages are not cause by the woman. For the last time… this could be intentional or unintentional… but make no mistake… a zygote is not autonomous and dependent on the woman’s body to grow.

Next you are going to tell me that the woman’s body does not cause the development of a human.

In 1800…but we are in 2021

I’m sure you will stand with me the next time someone tries to claim born black people are not really people, right?

this is a nonsensical contrived situation used a lot by the pro abortion left

it is meaningless

It may not even be the woman’s body. Are you aware of terratogens or mutagens? These are substances that cause mutations and birth defects in utero. Some of these will cause mutations so horrific that the woman will miscarry. Anencephaly comes to mind, unless I am wrong. Trisomy 13. Trisomy 18. Harlequin Ichythyosis.

Although there have been cases in all of these where they can and are carried to term, but most of these die shortly after birth.

I’m still surprised that I’ve remained civil in an abortion thread.

I guess now I just don’t find ad hominem to be very conductive to good discussion.

1 Like

The facts on the ground are that the majority of the country wants abortion to remain safe and legal.

While there is legitimate discussion to be had as to the restrictions on abortion, the Texas law which has private citizens be the enforcement mechanism and the lack of any distinction in cases of rape and incest are beyond the pale for most people.

I think that this will ultimately hurt the GOP.

2 Likes

You won’t answer because it blows your entire narrative up.

No conservative REALLY thinks a zygote and an adult deserve the same moral consideration.

that is incorrect

that is also extremely incorrect

good job

Not true.

This new Texas law imo needs to be paired with better resources for women who may get pregnant.

Better sex ed- in 5th-7th grade, awareness of pregnancy resource centers, other things I have mentioned way back. More severe punishment for proven rape, teaching kids to diffuse anger, hostility and control issues.

Society needs to get to the point where people don’t feel abortion is a viable option, or at least, the cons outweigh the benefits.

4 Likes

hey great post

1 Like

Oh you do?

Does a zygote have more “natural rights” to the woman’s body than the woman does?

You didn’t read it…

Yes, I did.