Texas bans abortion

A lesser objection.

Again- if you believe this is killing- then how would the potential mother not be culpable? She is contracting with someone for the “killing” but somehow she isn’t liable?

Many women do not know the consequences that abortion may have.

It isn’t exactly something that is taught in sex ed.

See above post.

It would be the cost of lawyers to defend against the new civil litigation where anyone can sue.

WW

1 Like

Women…are…dumb? They don’t know what they are doing but an abortion doctor does? Come on…

How do you believe it is not “killing”?

If you don’t want a lawsuit, don’t break the law.

Civil disobedience is, admittedly, a bit different issue.

For the same reason most Americans support a reasonable framework for when abortion can be performed.

Convenience?

What does science say?

Do you believe taking the morning after pill is murder?

No. I said they may not know of the consequences because while abortion is being promoted, the whole story is. Pro-choice should also be, pro-informed choice.

I never said they were stupid. That is a blanket statement.

I believe it’s none of my business unless I am the father.

1 Like

Ah ok. So you’re for allowing for convenience there.

1 Like

There is a fine line that separates the far far right and those that support abortions. If one goes and looks at what they discuss it’s not hard to find, they are all 100% on board with full abortions up until the day the child comes out for one reason only it keeps the minority population down as 37% of all abortions are done by black ladies who make up roughly 6% of the population.\

Might have different goals, same procedure to get them.

Also, I think clinics would do well in assisting women in other ways than just abortion.

What consequences?

Also, keep in mind this law also allows private citizens to sue people they suspect of helping the woman getting an abortion, such as giving them a ride. That person isn’t performing the abortion, either.

1 Like

Laceration to the uterus, increased risk of breast cancer, effects on future pregnancies, risk of infection, risk of depression and suicide. And maternal death.

Plus, no comfortably middle class or affluent people need to be troubled: they’ll always be able to get their own—and their family’s—abortions taken care of.

1 Like