Texas bans abortion

Damn. A whole lotta wordsmithing in here, just to retain the “right” to kill one’s own offspring.

2 Likes

Then you should have no problem citing where it is …

2 Likes

Yet you seem to pretend the words “shall not infringe” don’t exist in the 2nd Amendment. Amazing. :smirk:

2 Likes

So in other words, they made it up.

2 Likes

And “bear”

2 Likes

It is a logical extension. Uncodified.

And arbitrary.

Another colloquial definition of penumbra is “grey area.”

3 Likes

Back to SCOTUS

You knew it would end back there.

Allan

SCOTUS doesn’t make anything up.

Allan

Discussing abortion with libs smacks of Sirach 22:15.

And discussing abortion with cons is like fingernails on a chalkboard.

There just is no common ground.

Allan

They say it is in the 14th amendment. To me, that’s a bit of a reach.

Well of course.

For you, truth hurts. Damned straight, fingernails on a chalkboard. :+1:

I think there is common ground. Both libs and conservatives generally don’t WANT abortions. We just disagree with the level of involvement by the government on that specific decision.

1 Like

You© want it dictated legal by government.

2 Likes

Of course they do. Frequently.

If they ruled by the Constitution verbatim, all rulings would be 9 - 0.

2 Likes

You are right. As long as pro-choices refuse to acknowledge biological science, there will be no agreement on this issue.

A huge reach. As I said, they made it up.

2 Likes

I’ve shown common ground:

• Taxpayer subsidized BC
  • Paid Maternity AND Paternity leave
  • Morning after pill in rape kits (mandatory)
  • harsher penalties for rapists- create examples out of them publicly as well so it will deter potential rapists. Beat Brock Turner’s ass for example instead of giving him a lighter sentence.
  • Teach kids early on healthier ways to deal with and diffuse negative emotions. I propose meditation classes in detention
  • Teach kids to respect themselves and others. Encourage fathers and male authority figures to teach their sons to respect people. Have fathers respect their daughters so they know what to expect from boyfriends and male friends. Have fathers more involved with their kids’ lives.
  • PROPER sex ed at 5th grade as well as 7th grade. Teach how to put on a condom, the different types of BC, guest speakers like OB/GYNs, STDs, other options than abortion, teach about pregnancy resource centers for example. Teach about the law regarding rape, encourage kids to talk to a teacher or a counselor if they feel they have been assaulted or raped, and do an investigation before police get involved, if it’s possible.
  • teach women’s self defense. Although, there are rapists who will groom their victims and befriend them, so the victim is less inclined to report them.
1 Like

One mans lie is another ones truth.

Allan