Teachers need to be babysitter - Kamala Harris thinks so

Why do you think she doesn’t know what she is talking about? She has obviously done her research. This bill provides financial incentives to provide after school care, which poorer districts can’t afford to provide for free. That’s all it is. It’s a very good idea.

We’ll see, if and when she actually files a bill that can be looked at.

Yes, we will.

Not for the school my kids are in. It’s paid after school care from 2-6pm. Seems this act is aiming to make it “free” l

Oh, I see, I guess I missed that with the hyper focus on “they gonna indoctrinate muh kids!”.

Exactly. So that poor working people can keep their jobs while their kids are safe after school. Sounds great to me.

Black. Female. Democrat.

Yes. So?

So if it expands the “school day”

is that mandatory?

If she keep yapping she’s gonna beto herself right out of the race.

You asked what was the OP’s problem with the bill. I gave you the answer.

No. I can’t believe you are still flogging that.

Yeah, childcare assistance for working families has become a more prominent topic now that multiple incomes are needed for most families to get by.

If they are to come up with academic, non academic, physical, and mental health programs . . . would those be mandatory or optional?

OOHHHHH. I didn’t know what you were responding to . Yes.

That’s not what it will be. It will be homework, snack, music, dancing, sports, art.

Are you sure about that? :smiley:

if they are REQUIRED to make the programs so they can be put into keeping kids in school during para-professional days, parent teacher conferences, or any other un-authorized closing

are they optional classes?

Yes, I am sure. * The bill targets low-income and working families who can’t afford to pay for child care in between the time a student finishes with school and a parent returns home from work. https://www.cnbc.com/2019/11/06/sen-kamala-harris-introduces-bill-to-lengthen-school-day-by-three-hours.html

The bill doesn’t even mandate certified teachers be present.

What about a requirment that parent teacher conferences be held at night or after school hours for working parents (wonder what happens to parents who work night). And will teachers THEN get overtime for going in at night for parent teacher conferences?

That will be settled in the teachers’ contracts.