Tax records on wealthiest Americans released

It isn’t punishment.

No, he got paid what he accepted, not what it’s worth.

Of course it is. Stop being silly.

Which… by the laws of what labor is “worth”… is what he was worthy of.

I disagree.

I am not arguing it is legally owed to him.

Yeah… but you are arguing to not tax the guy for it.

The contract has been paid.

Yeah no ■■■■■

What’s your point?

If I earn $250k in ordinary income and my net worth grows from $1 million to $1.2 million (and I don’t sell anything) I’m likely paying $50k in income tax, which is 25% of my wealth increase.

If I earn $20 million in ordinary income and my net worth grows from $2 billion to $2.5 billion (and I don’t sell anything), I’m likely paying $7 million in income tax, which is 1.4% of my wealth increase.

Thus, the upper middle class (or middle class or poor) are taxed more heavily as a percentage of wealth increase than the top .01%.

The question is whether this is the way it should be.

2 Likes

Your disagreement is illogical.

1 Like

It’s not wealth until it’s realized.

1 Like

Are they still Billionaires?

Then it isn’t a punishment.

Nah, illogical is thinking someone who makes $250,000 a year should have the exact same tax burden as someone who makes $50,000. Successful societies would never work that way.

1 Like

Completely illogical. Taking is always punishment. More so when it is done with the threat of violence.

2 Likes

If they get to still be Billionaires… it isn’t a punishment.

Nah, taking from someone is punishment. Doing it based on how successful they are is punishment.

Jeff Bezos doesn’t use anymore of government services than I do. Probably less.

3 Likes

Absurd.

2 Likes

Is it, though?

Me telling my kids to put ten toys they don’t play with anymore in a donation box does not impact their behavior or happiness, and it’s not seen by them or me as punishment.

Am I punishing them?

I doubt they are through playing with their money. I know I am not finished playing with mine.

1 Like

Yes.

One thing I have learned it medicine, no one loves free ■■■■ more than rich people.

1 Like