Tax Cuts Pay For Themselves - A Lie

Cutting spending. That takes money out of the economy.

Are you going to treat this question like an adult?

Why is the debt bad that it has to be “paid off”?

Nope. You lose. You speak to me with the same respect that I offer you. Or you are finished. And you are finished. Unless you want to rephrase… That is my “adult” reply.

Historically the exact opposite is true.

Turns out people are less interested in deficits when they get a tax cut. Makes sense, since people mostly care about themselves. The deficit doesn’t matter as long as they “get theirs”.

If you raise someone’s taxes, they’re more interested in making sure it is done for a good reason, and are more likely to demand decreasing deficits. That is, they’re going to make sure their taxes were raised for a good enough reason.

To summarize. Cut taxes, spending doesn’t change or goes up. Increase taxes, spending goes down. That’s the historical pattern.

Headline: Congressional Testimony: CBO Admits They Were Right: Cuts Won’t Pay For Selves.

Debt is good, when it’s within a reasonable range, as measured relative to GDP. Debt is liquidity in the overall US economy.

Doctors say that a glass of wine per day isn’t bad. Why shouldn’t we drink nothing but wine then?

1 Like

I will interject a common sense answer to a goofy question. No we should not. Because nobody ever claimed we should only drink wine. There. How’s that for a brilliant reply.

Great, now apply that to the silly question you asked.

I judge ‘em as I see ‘em.

Your answer was a dodge, designed not to further discussion.

I asked you why the debt was bad.

A conversation-building response is not “Well why don’t we just go to all-debt financing and no taxes”?

A conversation-building response is “The debt is bad because…”

So…would you like to try again?