Tax Cuts Pay For Themselves - A Lie

No simply put I work for my money and it should be mine to use, to benefit me.

Then go establish Coolidgestan and get off of my infastructure and out of my society.

Lol I work for my money. I pay my taxes. Social security helps everyone else but me.

Insurance is always a scam until you need it. Would you not pay for the fire department?

You don’t think your family has benefited from SS? And yes, no one needs it until they need it…

His house isn’t on fire, so let him take that money and invest it however he wants!

Having a significantly reduced poverty rate helps everyone via a stronger economy…

I swear, people can’t see past their own ■■■■■■■ noses.

3 Likes

I used to be one of those hardcore privatize social security libertarian guys… but then the 2008 financial collapse happened and I actually researched how Wall Street makes their money and in no way should that group of amoral grifters get access to that much public funding.

It would be a disaster.

1 Like

i am reminded of this story…

i also remember it was mostly cons who were upset that the fire department refused ot put out the fire…

1 Like

No, they don’t suck at math. They’re just liars.

The two aren’t mutually exclusive.

Please explain how a tax cut “removes money from the economy” in detail.

It doesn’t.

Unless it’s cash sitting somewhere in a vault, it’s not removed from the economy.

It is a question of who benefits and spends that money.

I think that you are misinterpreting Peter’s sarcasm.

Well, we know for a fact that a huge amount of the windfall from tax cuts were used for corporate stock buybacks. That’s basically “cash sitting somewhere in a vault” and not contributing to economic growth.

People by and large don’t plan better

Even those that think they do typically don’t

Got mine, screw them!!

Tax cuts don’t pay for themselves. Spending cuts do. But the less revenue the feds bring in, the less they will spend on crap. Any additional revenue that the government brings in will not be used to pay down the debt, It will be viewed as extra cash and squandered.

Why is the debt bad?

We’ve had it for 230 years.

If debt isn’t bad then why do we need taxes? Let everybody keep their money and simply go further into debt.