Taibbi and the IRS

The IRS Makes a Strange House Call | House Judiciary Committee Republicans.

Now Mr. Taibbi has told Mr. Jordan’s committee that an IRS agent showed up at his personal residence in New Jersey on March 9. That happens to be the same day Mr. Taibbi testified before the Select Subcommittee on the Weaponization of the Federal Government about what he learned about Twitter. The taxman left a note instructing Mr. Taibbi to call the IRS four days later. Mr. Taibbi was told in a call with the agent that both his 2018 and 2021 tax returns had been rejected owing to concerns over identity theft.

I saw this a few days ago and I’ve been thinking about it ever since. I have a problem with this.

2 Likes

You do!!!

Welcome to libsville…where agencies are now used against libs political opponents.

But again they been doing that for decades. Why stop now specially when the cat is out.

All they have left is tripling down.

4 Likes

The DNC is a hive of scum and villiany.

4 Likes

This is blatant. And bad.

4 Likes

The IRS has usurped far too much power and now is being used as a weapon and no doubt willingly.

5 Likes

I’d like to see any evidence that this happened, given the fact that Taibbi is a well known bull ■■■■ artist.

3 Likes

Me too. Until then, he shouldn’t wear miniskirts.

Wasn’t he under oath?

Just history repeating itself. This isn’t the first time in US history that government agencies targeted citizens for becoming inconvenient

6 Likes

Now they’re open about it.

4 Likes

This is our “new” leftist government, hard at work. :wink:

3 Likes

Good OP! Forgot about that one.

This crap needs to stop and those doing it need prosecuted.

3 Likes

The IRS owes him money.

2 Likes

Doesn’t matter. The government did what it wanted to do. It proved it had seven ways to Sunday to get you.

5 Likes

No leftist objects. Tyranny seems to make them happy!

He deserved it.

One weak attempt to D⁶, then
crickets

How come leftist governments are always so hostile to their own citizens?

:man_shrugging:

3 Likes

How else they gonna flock and fleece 'em? :sheep:

3 Likes

Mmmmmm.

1 Like