T-AO 212 will be the future USNS Ruth Bader Ginsburg

T-AO 212, a future John Lewis-class fleet replenishment oiler, will be named USNS Ruth Bader Ginsburg.

The previous ships in the class are the lead ship John Lewis, Harvey Milk, Earl Warren, John F. Kennedy, Lucy Stone, Sojourner Truth and Thurgood Marshall.

Twelve additional ships of this class are planned but have not yet been named. The common naming theme for this class are civil rights activists and leaders.

Ships with the prefix USNS are not commissioned warships and are generally manned by civilian crews, except in wartime or when the ship must enter an active warzone.

Please paint a little white doily thing on the bow.

1 Like

Pretty cool.

Yup. I agree.

Hope to see a warship called USS Donald J. Trump

:us: Trump 2024 :us:

3 Likes

It’ll have keel spurs… :grin:

3 Likes

:joy::joy::joy: that was good.

1 Like

By current naming conventions, the USS Trump will be a super carrier.

Having said that, I personally wonder if carriers are becoming obsolete, if they aren’t already.

In which case, the USS Trump may be a next generation ship, which if you think about it, would be appropriate.

I was moving in that direction. The Supply ships are named after non fighting people. Trump is a warrior class.

:us: Trump 2024 :us:

USS Donald J. Trump ready for duty.

:smile:

5 Likes

Seriously though, I would reserve the names of such capital ships for those who gave all.

Such as Doris Miller.

1 Like

Wouldn’t hold my breath. A bunch of former presidents in front of him who don’t have ships named after them. Like five of the last eight.

G’Day, Adam.

Let’s Go Brandon

dffc4247bdfa79001a14e316e0ee7e4d
USS Obamanation

2 Likes

A grease hauler. Fitting. :rofl:

1 Like

Okay…

The fact activists now get their names on these ships should show how woke we have become.