Surprise! Colin Kaepernick is the new face of Nike

:rofl: occurred to me but I didn’t wanna look trolly.

Tom Brady would probably be the best known name.

Another classy guy. I really like him too.

He did a lot when the hurricane hit last year.

And to the libs saying they have never heard of Larry Fitzgerald but they have heard of Kap, that’s because the latter wasn’t a great player but made a name for himself by starting the protests.

Fitzgerald gave a eulogy at McCain’s Phoenix funeral last week, it was a very nice tribute to him. The two men were friends for years.

Mr. Deflategate?

I expect Trumpkins will be building bonfires in their backyards and tossing their kid’s $200 Nike’s into it.

I’ve been trying to decide between a Nike or Adidas tennis kit and this just made my mind up.

I can’t help but think of a trolly. There has to be a better spelling for that word.

It’s simply a fact of football that people know very few players other than QBs, doesn’t mean much other than that.

Tom Brady is every bit as polarizing as Kap and about 7% as cool.

2 Likes

Well Nike is going to pick pro athletes. There are lots to chose from. I had forgotten about J J Watts until someone else mentioned him in this thread.

Or they could have chosen someone from tennis, basketball, baseball or other sport. They aren’t limited to the NFL.

I didn’t say anything about him personally but said he had the best known name.

I have nicely refrained from commentary on Kapernick as well. :+1::sunglasses:

1 Like

Wanna cookie?

Me neither.

Every knows who Kaepernick is - even me who hasn’t watched a football game since I was in college during the 70’s.

He said Brady is probably the best known, that’s not the same as being most popular.

And he’s right. I don’t watch the NBA but I know who LeBron James, Larry Bird, and Michael Jordan are.

Very nicely.
:+1:

Has anyone else realized that the’s a middle finger emoticon? Are we allowed to use that one?

Not from you.

Plus he’s getting the worst press he’s ever gotten in his career right this moment over that weird personal trainer thing.

A thumb is a middle finger?

Trollish?

Yeah. That works a lot better for me than having two pronunciations of “trolly.”

It does seem like a strange choice to pick someone that at least some of their customers are going to object to, especially when there were many other choices.

Of course, Kap became a household name due to the protests. If it wasn’t for that, the same libs saying they have never heard of Larry, J J, etc, also would not have heard of Colin.