Supreme Court (6/27/19) - Dispositions in Carpenter v Murphy and Mitchell v Wisconsin

Here are the other two cases that were pending today.

Carpenter v Murphy has been pushed back for re-argument in the October 2019 term.

Holding: The Wisconsin Supreme Court’s judgment—affirming the drunk-driving convictions of petitioner Mitchell, who was administered a warrantless blood test while he was unconscious—is vacated, and the case is remanded.

Judgment: Vacated and remanded, 5-4, in an opinion by Justice Alito on June 27, 2019. Justice Thomas filed a concurring opinion. Justice Sotomayor filed a dissenting opinion, in which Justices Ginsburg and Kagan joined. Justice Gorsuch filed a dissenting opinion.

Roberts let me down again…Just further evidence that the court is more of a political body then a legislative one.

Very disappointed about the Census citizenship question. Those on the left should be very happy with the ruling. A states representation in the hose should not be determined by how many illegals they have in it.

I think you meant to post in another topic.

Anyways, I think this is the proper ruling for someone so unconscious from alcohol that they passed out while driving.