Stormy Daniels' NDA

A visit from an enforcer would be better.

Non-disclosure agreements for anything other than trade secrets, all non-compete agreements, non-disparagement clauses, all mandatory arbitration clauses, and any kind of restrictive covenant (I don’t consider these to be contracts, but I’m throwing mentioning them because other people do).

So you like big government thuggery?

I did not say anything about the government. If we cant rely on the law, then I say we just hire our own thugs to enforce agreements that people make with us.

You still face the same charges.

Trump’s lawyers have already responded to the original claim, stating that the contract is enforceable even without the signature of Trump/Dennison. It’s awfully difficult to argue against yourself in court.

I can’t remember if she asked for specific damages in her original claim. Trump’s lawyers could offer her the damages stated in the claim, if she did actually specify damages. At that point there would be no need for the case to continue.

Daniels would much rather see this play out. It would give her more material for her next book.

And yet, that appears to be exactly what they’re doing.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-cohen-do-not-plan-to-enforce-stormy-danielss-nondisclosure-agreement-court-filings-state/2018/09/09/b4492cc4-b45e-11e8-a2c5-3187f427e253_story.html?utm_term=.bac85a9f3211

No, she sued to invalidate the NDA. She’s suffered no loss, at this point - and has no claim on damages.

Absolutely. That’s why Avenatti is doing everything he can to extend the trial.

You’re right. I just downloaded the original complaint. It only asks for declaratory relief.