Steve Bannon indicted in NY!

This right here. Huge news!

that makes 6 top trump campaign officials indicted.

Oh crap. I didn’t realize either. I just finished it as well and it is NOT the same guy. Just a shared corrupt name.

1 Like

You do realize Trump unceremoniously dumped him long ago?

1 Like

Unlike some… I will gladly admit when a mistake is made.

2 Likes

How many Timothy Sheas are there? If its the wrong Shea someone rushed to wikipedia, as it says he was charged

Apparently there are at least two.

I jumped the gun.

My mistake.

Hahaha.

So glad this place is still here.

You should have blamed Democrats and China.

1 Like

Check your PM’s when you get a second my friend. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

To boot, he was arrested by Postal Office agents.

https://twitter.com/margbrennan/status/1296445655699918857?s=20

Where’s DeJoy?

5 Likes

meh, i don’t know. if they did this thing, prosecute anyone who was in on it. but the indictment says they defrauded investors of 100’s of thousands and raised 25M. this clown defrauded investors of the whole 26M. not really in the same ball park. he was defrauding, looks like they were skimming.

Dave Clark of the Dave Clark Five? The horror!

Coincidence?

June 20: Bill Barr forced out Geoffrey Berman as the U.S. Attorney for the SDNY.

August 20: Steve Bannon indicted by SDNY.

Any chances Barr drops the charges?

We are soft on white collar crime. This is not a partisan thing either. As a nation we go way too easy on grifters and criminals that take advantage of people of lesser means. I hope they are made an example of and this deters others who are thinking about skimming/stealing.

Trump did denounce them lol:

“I disagreed with doing this very small (tiny) section of wall, in a tricky area, by a private group which raised money by ads,” Trump wrote. “It was only done to make me look bad, and perhsps it now doesn’t even work. Should have been built like rest of Wall, 500 plus miles.”

no chance.

there’s a better chance this is a premature indictment meant to stick a thumb in Barr’s eye or to “prove” the move was never about Trump to begin with. Since they made the splash, I hope that’s not the case and they do have the goods. we’ll see.

i’m not into the “example” thingy, stinks of unequal justice (appellate courts aren’t too fond of it either). if they did it, and its proven in court, punish them according to the law the same as any other.

Bannon was arrested by postal service police. I love the irony given how the administration is trying to do the USPS dirty.

2 Likes

Yeah. Trump is going to feel terrible about Bannon getting into trouble.

“Washington (CNN)President Donald Trump excoriated his former chief strategist Steve Bannon in a statement Wednesday, claiming that Bannon “lost his mind” after being pushed out from the White House.”