Starliner will try today (06/05) at 10:52 am

This would be the first manned launch from Canaveral Space Force Station since the last Gemini flight which occurred in 1966, almost 56 years ago.

Nope, just aborted for a switch not ready.

Preliminarily, they are going to try a 24 hour turnaround, but no launch time has been set yet.

They are going to try tomorrow at 12:03 pm.

I should also note that Apollo 7 launched from LC-34 on CCSFS on October 11, 1968, that being the last manned flight from CCSFS, rather than Gemini 10. Still almost 54 years.

hopefully we’ll get to Mars soon

Non-reusable trash again?

The Starliner spacecraft is reusuable, the Atlas V rocket it is flying on, not so much.

17 Atlas V launches are left, including this Starliner launch, after which the Atlas rocket family will be retired (in favor of the Vulcan Centaur).

is that logical?

I am not sure how logical the TOP half of the rocket will be.

Gay.

The Atlas rocket family is at the end of its existence. Not worth it to retrograde rockets that are only going to be used on 17 more flights.

As for the Vulcan-Centaur. Yes, they should have done more toward making the Vulcan reusable. My understanding, however, is that the new Centaurs will be repurposed after they convey their initial payload to orbit as space tugs and such. Thus, having a life after their initial use.

To that small extent, they would be ahead of SpaceX, which does not reuse their second stages.

Overall, of course, SpaceX remains far ahead and will only move farther ahead once Starship becomes fully operational within the next couple of years.

it might launch in about an hour and a half…

And to think, these wasteful losers have the nerve to bitch about “single” use plastic bags. :man_shrugging:

Official NASA feed.

About 12 minutes from now to launch.

Liftoff!!

Successful ascent and spacecraft separation.