Star Trek: Picard

Being a Reagan baby, it always struck me as rude to not have Captain Picard in anything titled Star Trek. I’ll be picking up a CBS streaming account for this one. 30 years after his debut as Captain of the USS Enterprise, and he’s still aging it well.

“Fifteen years ago today, you led us out of the darkness. You commanded the greatest rescue armada in history. Then? The unimaginable. What did that cost you? Your faith? Your faith in us? Your faith in yourself? Tell us, why did you leave Starfleet, Admiral?”

He sits on his porch telling humorous allegories while getting piss drunk on boxes and boxes of home delivered wine. Every now and then he’ll launch into a tirade of how much he hated working with the overly aggressive idiot Worf. Why couldn’t he have had a Vulcan? Why? No, he gets a blind guy steering the ship, and a ■■■■■■■ robot that has more identity issues than Sybil. Bloody hell!!
That’s the whole show.

1 Like

That doctor though - he didn’t mind her at all.

Also, the wine is branded with his name on it. He’s a big fan of his own product.

Did the lady’s voice sound familiar in that trailer?

Yeah, it kind of sounded like her voice - I wasn’t sure though.

1 Like

The Security Chief was hotter.

1 Like

Yeah, she was kind of hot too. I really hated that they killed her off so early in the series.

It was kind of funny seeing her come back as a Romulan though.

I’m listening to a recent Gates McFadden interview on YouTube trying to see if the voice matches up. In the trailer, hers is slightly deeper, and the accent may be slightly off. I blame tinnitus, but I hope it’s her.

No, that’s not Gates’s voice.

1 Like

She USED to be… … …

That’s probably Michelle Hurd’s voice, she’s in the cast.

1 Like

Thank you.

“In addition to Stewart, the series will star Alison Pill, Michelle Hurd, Evan Evagora, Isa Briones, Santiago Cabrera and Harry Treadaway.”

She was open minded as hell too. I mean she did bang Data.

Well I mean with a Vulcan you’re taking your chances. You either end up with dependable Tuvok or you end up with a racist sociopath like Solok. Not much in between with Vulcans.

T’Pol … there seemed to be quite a bit of in between there…

Hell, I used to be.

1 Like

Yeah, but you survived past the end of TNG. lol

1 Like

I’d give it a try if it wasn’t on CBS streaming but because it is I’ll end up not seeing it just like I haven’t seen a single episode of Discovery.

1 Like

Ah I forget about T’Pol.

Still many Vulcans are elitists at best, sometimes just outright racist against non Vulcans at worst. They’re not Cardassian or Romulan level of racist, but they tend to hold non Vulcan culture with disdain.

Don’t get me wrong, there are Vulcan characters that I really like. Tuvok is one my five favorite Trek characters. I just wouldn’t want to command or be commanded by one a Vulcan in that fictional universe.